Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4784 Discussions

Raid SRCSASRB memory error

idata
Employee

Hello everybody!

I'm new to the intel community and i would like to introduce my self with a little problem...

Today i shutdown a server running with the raid controller SRCSASRB.

I tried to start the server but then this beeps made me crazy...4 beeps - silence - 4 beeps...

Adapter is not recognized and it says "Adpater memory error"

Yes the adapter probably died...but whats about the volume on the disks?

Replacing the adapter with the same model should bring the data back?!

Best regards,

Florian

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Florian,

Unless the controller failure wiped out the data on the array (you do have a tested backup, correct?), replacing the adapter with the same model should read the data configuration from the disks and configure itself appropriately during boot.

One thing you may encounter is that there is an existing configuration on the controller. If that's the case, it'll see different configurations and notify you of a foreign configuration and ask which configuration you want to keep. In this situation you'll want the configuration from the disks.

One way to avoid the foreign configuration, is to boot the system with the new controller installed, but without the disks connected. Go into the BIOS console and clear the controller configuration. Power off and connect your disks. That way when you boot, it'll only see one configuration on the disks and import that one automatically.

Regards,

John

idata
Employee

Hello John,

thx for your reply. Yes in deed i do habe a backup...tested?...mmhhhh

I allready ordered a replacement controller...same model. So tomorrow i will give your hints a try.

But i do wonder that the controller failed. I stressed google to give some results on the error but it seems nobody encountered such an error. Any hints on this?

Regards,

Florian

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I don't know. The "4 beeps - silence - 4 beeps" is not a RAID controller beep code I heard of before. Are the beeps coming from the controller, or motherboard? Have you moved it to different slots to see if that changes anything?

John

0 Kudos