Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Redundant PSU alert detection in S2600 servers

MQuev
Beginner

Hello every one

I have several servers with S2600 motherboard. These servers have redundant PSU units.

I am using Centos 6 in these servers and I need to detect when one of the PSU units go faulty.

is this possible?

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Martin,

When a power supply goes faulty the system fans will go full speed so that will be the first signal for the issue. You can also detect a power supply by physically looking at it, it will show an amber LED. Another method is running the Intel(R) System information Retrieval Utility through the EFI shell and narrow the issue using that report.

0 Kudos
MQuev
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

The idea is to use sysinfo from linux command line to automatically detect the PSU going faulty. It is not practical to have someone looking at the LED status all the time.

is it possible?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

The instructions to run the sysinfo command for Linux can be found on the release notes for the download link for the "Intel System Information Retrieval Utility (SysInfo)" for your board:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25437/Intel-System-Information-Retrieval-Utility-SysInfo- Download Intel System Information Retrieval Utility (SysInfo)

0 Kudos