Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4762 Discussions

Rmm4 Does not seem to be connecting to the network

AC10
Beginner

Hello I have a intel s1400sp that i just installed a RMM4 LITE and Dedicated management nic into. I then followed the user guide and setup the server management tab under BMC LAN Configuration in the bios accordingly. I then saved pressing F-10 and plugged in the network. Both lights are yellow and blink slowly, yet when i try to connect to the RMM i cannot connect. I have also checked with my router, network mapper and cmd ping test and i cannot see or ping it. I have changed around the ip address, set to static and also dynamic, removed the dedicated management nic and tried using the onboard ethernet as well but the result is still unchanged.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Please try by connecting directly from the computer to the RMM4 so we can isolate the issue. Also we would like to know what is the current firmware version of this board.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Please try by connecting directly from the computer to the RMM4 so we can isolate the issue. Also we would like to know what is the current firmware version of this board.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have sort of the same issue. I run a 2600CP4 board and it looks like both my onboard BMC ports have lost their mac-addresses. They dont get a DHCP address and static doesn't work either, even when connecting directly to another PC. Only workaround for me is to use one of my dedicated RMM4 nics that I have laying around. that way I can get to the web interface and/or the remote console. I took some screenshots of the network config for BMC Port 1 + 2 and the RMM4. Only the RMM4 shows a valid MAC. Any idea what it could be?

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
AC10
Beginner

--UPDATE--

So a few hours after posting the question i got it working. Im not sure if it is just buggy firmware or what. I ended up changing the static ip address and the ip of the dedicated RMM4 and Baseboard LAN conf. to the same ip. Then after moving around the 2nd ethernet cable from port to port then waiting I was able to get it working. I was also considering that it might be my router, but when we brought the servers to the datacenter, the servers had the same problem on their network scheme as well. 1 of the 2 servers after some time, i got working doing the above procedure, the second didn't take until i changed its ip address (even though the 4 ip address for these 2 servers were open and never used before) and even then again had to move around the ethernet cable. Sorry if this is not helpful but I no longer have access to the servers and did not have enough time mess around with them.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Okay so it seems that you go it working, you can give it a try by using a different subnet for the RMM4. Let us know if you still have issues whenever you have time to go onsite.

Regards,

Esteban V.

0 Kudos