Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

S5520SC workstation Board started making 5 beep

VSilv3
Beginner

My computer with a S5520SC workstation Board has recently started making 5 beep before the normal bios post beep codes. Does anyone know what it means?

Thanks Vanda

1 Solution
Cesar_B_Intel
Employee

Hello vandafcs

The following table lists the POST error beep codes. Prior to system video initialization, the BIOS uses these beep codes to inform users of error conditions. (Please note that not all error conditions are supported by BIOS beep codes.)

The Intel® Workstation board S5520SC integrated Baseboard Management Controller (BMC) provides the following additional beep codes:

You could get more information from http://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/motherboards/server/s5520sc/sb/e39545006_s5520sc_service_guide1.pdf Intel® S5520SC Technical Product Specification (TPS).(Page 39)

Are you able to identify any of the previous beep codes as the one you are getting or are you getting a totally different beep code?

Regards,

Caesar B.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Cesar_B_Intel
Employee

Hello vandafcs

The following table lists the POST error beep codes. Prior to system video initialization, the BIOS uses these beep codes to inform users of error conditions. (Please note that not all error conditions are supported by BIOS beep codes.)

The Intel® Workstation board S5520SC integrated Baseboard Management Controller (BMC) provides the following additional beep codes:

You could get more information from http://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/motherboards/server/s5520sc/sb/e39545006_s5520sc_service_guide1.pdf Intel® S5520SC Technical Product Specification (TPS).(Page 39)

Are you able to identify any of the previous beep codes as the one you are getting or are you getting a totally different beep code?

Regards,

Caesar B.

VSilv3
Beginner

Hello Caesar B

Thank you.

I think it is a DDR3 module with a defect. In total a get 6 beeps and a red led light next to the DDR3 slot. When I ran a Intel diagnostic of my motherboard, it detected less RAM than what I should have.

Regards

Vanda

Cesar_B_Intel
Employee

Hello vandafcs ,

Try testing the ram modules on different Slots in order to determine if there is a defective module.

Please let me know if the issue is isolated to a RAM Module or is it is the Slot not detecting it.

Best regards,

Caesar B.

0 Kudos