Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

S1200SPO: problem with the graphics card

AKuli
Beginner

Hello

I apologize in advance for the presentation of the text, write in Russian and translate in the browser.

Asking for help from professionals. Platform "R1304SPOSHBN", fully assembled, all components are in their places, the processor is "XEON E3-1230 v6 ", RAM 2*16GB Kingston KVR24E17D8/16MA

The problem is that when the system starts the testing begins, the fan speed maximum rpm is reduced to minimum and testing apparently ends, then should start to boot the system (?), however on the screen nothing appears either during testing or after. However, after the fall of the fan speed, about 30 seconds later the server rebooted, then again and again. The screen is totally unresponsive. Apparently the problem with the built-in graphics card, but connecting the external new and serviceable graphics card has not produced results. BIOS reset.

In this case, can advise? How to diagnose the problem? The server is brand new, probably made a mistake somewhere with the connection of the components, but did everything according to instructions.

Help Board!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Nevidimka,

The Intel® Server Board S1200SPO is compatible with the Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1230 v6; however, this processor was released after the board; so it is necessary to update the BIOS of the board to version 02.01.0049 at least using an Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1200 v5.

The compatible processors are below

E3-1280 v5

E3-1270 v5

E3-1260L v5

E3-1240L v5

E3-1240 v5

E3-1230 v5

E3-1220 v5

The BIOS version needed is the following.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26525/Intel-Server-Board-S1200SP-Firmware-Update-Package-for-EFI?product=88264 Intel® Server Board S1200SP Firmware Update Package for EFI

If you need further assistance please let me know.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
AKuli
Beginner

Thanks for the advice! I'll try to update and write the result.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Nevidimka,

Sure, I would be waiting for your answer.

Regards,Mike C

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Nevidimka,

I am following your case, please let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Mike C

0 Kudos