Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4775 Discussions

S1200V3RP won't boot past BIOS identification

DTrem2
Beginner

I'm having trouble booting a S1200V3RP server board with a Core i3-4130T installed.

It doesn't sound any beep codes, and generates video as far as displaying the following:

Version 2.14.1219.Copyright(c) American Megatrends, Inc

Installed BIOS: S1200RP.86B.03.01.0002

Platform ID: S1200RPS

After a few seconds, the status LED on the motherboard begins flashing orange. The diagnostic LEDs show a code of 00101011 which doesn't appear to be documented (it was mentioned in another thread here, but never resolved).

CPU is a Core i3-4130T which appears to be fully supported with this board and BIOS. Both board and CPU are new.

I have tried three different RAM modules that should all be supported, and have installed in slot A1 for troubleshooting.

Removing the RAM generates a three-beep error code as expected; likewise, removing the CPU generates 1-5-2-1.

Can anyone provide further troubleshooting advice? Thank you in advance.

Dan

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello ,

Just to ensure your question is related to the system board S1200V3RP with no display after the BIOS Post. The three beeps is normal with boot with out memory and the 1-5-2-1 is also normal for no CPU. This information can be found on https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/motherboards/server/sb/g84364004_s1200v3rp_tps_r1_3.pdf Technical Product Specification. Just to ensure we have all the necessary information to provide with the best support, could you please provide me with the exact model on the system board and also the type of memory been use. Also, are you using the on-board video or using any other PCI video card. Another, option will be to try and flash the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26888/Intel-Server-Board-S1200V3RPL-S1200V3RPO-S1200V3RPM-Firmware-Update-Package-for-EFI?product=71387 BIOS to the last version.

If there is anything else we can help please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
DTrem2
Beginner

Thanks for the quick reply!

Per the sticker on the box, the PC is DBS1200V3RPS, the Version # is G84348-407, and the PBA is G62252-407.

I have tested with DDR3 1600 RAM -- I have tested 1x4GB, 2x4GB, and 1x8GB module configurations.

I'm using the onboard video.

I don't think the board is getting far enough in the boot process to flash the BIOS.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Dan,

Thank you for the information. But could you please provide me with the Model and Manufacturer on the memory. Also, we could start by doing a clear on the BIOS and the CMOS. Please check for options on to clear BIOS on the https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/motherboards/server/sb/g84364004_s1200v3rp_tps_r1_3.pdf Technical Product Specification. Also please, disconnect HDD or any additional cards installed on the system.

If there is anything else we can help please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Dan,

I will like to follow up on the last information recommended. If there is anything else we can help please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Dan,

I will like to follow up on the last information recommended. If there is anything else we can help please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello dtremit,

I will like to follow up on the last information recommended. Because we have not received any follow ups from you, we will need to proceed and close the case. Please feel to contact us back if you require any additional help.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos