Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage; and Intel® Xeon® Processors
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
4302 Discussions

S1200V3RP won't boot

idata
Community Manager

Server Board S1200V3RPL

CPU: XEON E3-1231 V3

Memory: Crucial DDR3-1600 ECC (2x8 GB)

Board does nothing - green LED showing power near the power connection on the motherboard lights up but nothing else. This is the second board that I have tried. Have also switched out the PSU in case that was the issue. No startup, no error codes, no beeps, nothing. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? Could I have gotten two bad motherboards? Any ideas on how to diagnose?

Thanks for reading!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Community Manager

Hello,

Here are our recommendations:

1. Test the system without the processor installed looking for a 1-5-4-2 beep code sequence.

2. Test the system without memory installed looking for 3 regular beep codes.

3. Let us know the PBA number for the board you have. This can be found on a white sticker located on the board itself.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello,

Here are our recommendations:

1. Test the system without the processor installed looking for a 1-5-4-2 beep code sequence.

2. Test the system without memory installed looking for 3 regular beep codes.

3. Let us know the PBA number for the board you have. This can be found on a white sticker located on the board itself.

View solution in original post

idata
Community Manager

Thank you for the reply.

As you recommended:

1) removed processor - same result; green power LED on and no other activity, no beeps

2) removed processor and memory - same result; green power LED on and no activity, no beeps

3) PBA is G62251-407

Looking forward to next steps.

Thanks!

idata
Community Manager

Hi,

Please contact our support group directly for assistance on replacing the board under warranty:

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport