Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4867 Discussions

S2600 WTR freezes after selecting a boot device.

Yisu
Beginner

Server motherboard is 2600WTR and BIOS version is SE5C610.86B.01.01.3029.022420221031. When boot mode setting to legacy and trying yo reimage it with a legacy OS, server will freezes after selecting a boot device at Please select boot device screen, the only thing can do is shutdown server with power button. If the server setting to UEFI mode and reimaging it with a UEFI OS, reimage process goes normally and server boots normally after reimaging completed.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Allan_A_Intel

Hello Yisu,

Thank you for contacting Intel Communities. I am here to assist you with your inquiry.

Before proceeding with further research, I kindly request the complete model number of your Intel server board. While you mentioned it as "S2600WTR," there are several similar models with varying firmware versions. Obtaining the precise model number will enable me to provide you with accurate and tailored support.

Additionally, could you please specify the operating system you are attempting to install?

I appreciate your cooperation in providing these details, as they will greatly assist me in addressing your query effectively.

Best regards,

Allan

0 Kudos
Allan_A_Intel

Hello Yisu,

I wanted to follow up regarding your enquiry that we received earlier. We understand that you may be busy, but we would greatly appreciate your response so that we can continue assisting you.

In our previous post, we requested the complete model number of your Intel server board and the operating system you are attempting to install. This information is crucial for us to provide you with accurate and tailored support. While you mentioned the model as "S2600WTR," there are several similar models with varying firmware versions, and obtaining the precise model number will help us address your query effectively.

Please take a moment to provide us with the requested details, and we will be more than happy to assist you further. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to let us know.

If we do not hear back from you within the next three business days, I will reach out to you again to ensure that your enquiry is resolved promptly.

Thank you for your attention to this matter, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,

Allan

0 Kudos
Allan_A_Intel

Dear Yisu,

Thank you for reaching out and providing an update on the resolution of the issue mentioned in the post "This S2600 WTR freezes after selecting a boot device." I appreciate your effort in performing a BIOS recovery, which successfully resolved the problem.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused by not being able to reply in the original post. However, I'm glad you took the time to inform me here, ensuring that I am aware of the positive outcome.

I'm delighted to hear that the issue has been resolved, and I appreciate your confirmation. Based on your feedback, I will proceed to close the original post, marking it as resolved. 

Your feedback and appreciation mean a lot to me, and I'm happy to have been able to assist you in resolving the issue. If you have any further questions or need assistance with any other matter, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Once again, thank you for your cooperation and for recognizing the persistence in my support. Your satisfaction is important to us, and we are here to help.

Best regards,

Allan

0 Kudos