Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage; and Intel® Xeon® Processors
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
4297 Discussions

S2600CP4 don't post with Dual E5-2620

xr
Beginner

Hi,

I am assembling one S2600CP4 based server having Dual E5-2620. I am facing following problem in endless loop if I install Dual E5-2620.

reports the power unit is powered off or being powered down - Deasserted

reports the power unit is powered off or being powered down - Asserted

System works fine if I use single E5-2620. Please help me solve this issue.

Regards

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

Seems like power issue... What kind of chassis/power supply are you using?

xr
Beginner

Hi Edwardzh,

I am using Intel SC5650DP chasis with stock SMPS.

Regards

Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

SC5650DP is for previous generation server boards, and it does not support S2600CP4. See http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/s2600cp/sb/CS-033291.htm Chassis Compatibility.

xr
Beginner

Hi edwardzh,

I agree with you for compatibility part per se, but I don't have access to compatible Intel chassis since my dealer don't have it.

Having said that I am trying to understand, why chassis could be issue here since machine works fine with one cpu installed. Yesterday I removed all the CPU's and re-installed it and system comes up after that. It worked fine till I soft reboot it. After reboot same problem started again. Do I need to claim warranty for BB or CPU ?

Regards

Edward_Z_Intel
Employee

Because different boards/CPUs have different power requirements. You may try a different board, but I'd still say power supply is most likely the cause of the issue.