Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4865 Discussions

S2600STBR motherboard configuration

RSump1
New Contributor III

Hello everyone,
The S2600STBR is populated with two Gold Xeons and 384GB of RAM.
Will this configuration work: two Intel P4600 PCIe SSDs and two Intel 2.5" NVMe SSDs in an AUP8X25S3NVDK. The 2.5" drives will be in RAID 1 using the Oculink connectors, and the P4600 PCIe SSDs will be "stand alone". The board does have a VROCSTANMOD installed. Are there certain PCIe slots that the P4600s need to use?

Thanks
Ray

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, RSump1.

I wanted to follow up on this thread to check if I can help you with anything else.

I will follow up again on June 16th before closing the ticket, but just let me know if I can help.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, RSump1.

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support Forum.

I received your ticket regarding this particular system configuration, and I will be reviewing this with you.

There are no specific ports for you to use if you want to leave them "stand alone". Intel VROC supports pass-through mode, so you are not required to create a RAID volume with them and can be used separately, or you can simply avoid enabling VMD for the ports where those two drives will be connected, this way VROC will not be able to do anything with them.

If you have other questions, please let me know, and I will follow up on June 13th in case we do not hear from you.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, RSump1.

I wanted to follow up on this thread to check if I can help you with anything else.

I will follow up again on June 16th before closing the ticket, but just let me know if I can help.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, RSump1.

I appreciate you taking the time to mark the thread as resolved.

This thread will be closed right now, and it will no longer be monitored by Intel support, but if you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, just open a new thread, or contact us using any of the available support methods:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-intel.html

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos