Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4842 Discussions

S2600tp bios backup

szbalogh
Beginner

Dear Community!

I have bought an S2600TP board and two Xeon 2686 v4 (OEM) processors used. It has the old 01.01.0019 bios which has some issues also listed in later release notes. For example fans are not regulated and in Win 10 core usage is weird. Not pushing the cpus to 174Watts although it is allowed in bios. Also, base frequency is reduced to 1.9GHz instaed of 2.3 if i disable Hyperthreading. Turbo is only 2.1GHz instead of 2.7Ghz (or this is caused by a bios setting i made and i am not aware of yet). If Hyperthreading is ON the base and turbo frequencies are OK but my application is using only 36 threads even if tell it to utilize 72 and the calculations getting very very slow.

Can i make a backup of the bios/BMC (1.47.10181)/ME (03.01.03.032) firmwares from the board so i can reinstall if the new bios is not supporting my OEM cpus? I am not sure that this firmware package is available to download.

thank you in advance,

Szabolcs

0 Kudos
2 Replies
vcc

Hello szbalogh,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request. 

These links can be used as a reference: 

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/server-products/grantly-pnc-pcn117083.pdf

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000018497/server-products.html

Just to highlight: 

Intel Customer Service Agents no longer respond to telephone, chat, community support forum, or email inquiries for self-service products. 

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

Victor C.

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos
szbalogh
Beginner

Dear Victor,

Thanks for the help! Successfully installed all 5 level of updates

Also could configure the "other chassis" to use only my two fans.

Cheers

0 Kudos