Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4776 Discussions

S5500BC EFI firmware update S5500BC_EFI_BIOS64_BMC61_FRUSDR22_ME112 now to video our anything

idata
Employee

S5500BC, Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5620 @ 2.40GHz, Chassis: SC5650BRP, 6 Bay drive enclosure. EFI update used, EFI Firmware update S5500BC_EFI_BIOS64_BMC61_FRUSDR22_ME112, indicated it was updating from 58 to 60 ran thru the process then on recycle have not had video or anything since. Indicator lights on the motherboard makes me think that it is recycling but no indication of errors. Have tried recovery mode (change jumper) but of course without video can't tell what is happening or if actually initializing and running.

Any thoughts or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Bill

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello Bill,

If the BIOS recovery did not address the issue there is a high chance the motherboard BIOS is corrupted already. We suggest power cycling the system by removing the power cables, then press the power button for 10 seconds and clear the CMOS battery for 1 minute. Reconnect cables and start up the system, if the issue persists, replace the board.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello Bill,

If the BIOS recovery did not address the issue there is a high chance the motherboard BIOS is corrupted already. We suggest power cycling the system by removing the power cables, then press the power button for 10 seconds and clear the CMOS battery for 1 minute. Reconnect cables and start up the system, if the issue persists, replace the board.

0 Kudos