Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4787 Discussions

SMBUS connection from MCIO connector to BMC in Eagle Stream Archer City

GTLee
Beginner

Hi,

I'm involving BMC S/W development with OpenBMC on the Eagle Stream Archer City.

I'd like to develop an application using NVMe-MI and MCTP protocol between SSD and BMC.

As I figure out from the schematic, SMBUS from the front panel is connected to secondary FPGA.

SMB_PEHPCPU0_NVME1_LVC3_SCL --> PCA9544_A --> SMB_PEHPCPU0_LVC3_SCL --> 10M25DA (Secondary FPGA)

And it is hard to follow up how it can be connected to the BMC.

Could you provide explanation or guide for this connection?

If you can S/W guide (like 'how to use mtcpd with pcie binding') either, it would be very appreciated.

Regards,

GT Lee.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Allan_A_Intel

Hello, GTLee,

Thank you for your confirmation. Since you are working with an Intel® Software Development Platform, I recommend you getting through the dedicated support center, which provides privileged access as well as creates access for ticketing for the Online Service Center: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/design/software-development-platforms/sdp-design-center.html

I hope you can find in there the documentation and the instructions you need.

Best regards,

Allan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Allan_A_Intel

Hello, GTLee,

Thank you for reaching Intel Communities. I will gladly help you.

Perhaps I can find the type of information that you need. Please let me know if you are developing with an Intel server system, and also let me know what is its model number.

Best regards,

Allan

0 Kudos
GTLee
Beginner

Hello, Allan,

Maybe it is the model name you requested.

Intel® Eagle Stream 2S Pre-Alpha SDP S2EG1SI51A MM# 99A9HK.

If it isn't, please let me know how I can find it from the board.

Regards,

GT Lee.

0 Kudos
GTLee
Beginner

Hello, Allan,

Thank you for your answer.

I don't have a model number because my job is developing an application on the OpenBMC using Intel CRB Sapphire Rapids.

And actually the application that will be implemented, won't be dependent with specific server, but is dependent with Intel architecture for CPU and BMC and drives.

Regards,

GT Lee.

0 Kudos
Allan_A_Intel

Hello, GTLee,

Thank you for your confirmation. Since you are working with an Intel® Software Development Platform, I recommend you getting through the dedicated support center, which provides privileged access as well as creates access for ticketing for the Online Service Center: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/design/software-development-platforms/sdp-design-center.html

I hope you can find in there the documentation and the instructions you need.

Best regards,

Allan

0 Kudos