Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4842 Discussions

When to rerun firmware update

RSump1
New Contributor III
Hello everyone,
If I have a server board (S2600STBR) that is at the latest firmware do I need to rerun the firmware update if I add an additional hotswap power supply or another HDD hotswap cage?
0 Kudos
1 Solution
vij1
Employee

Hello RSump1,

Greetings for the day!

No, you do not need to rerun the firmware update if you add an additional hotswap power supply or another HDD hotswap cage to the S2600STBR server board, provided the existing firmware is up to date.

Regards,

Vijay N

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hello RSump1,

Greetings for the day!

At the moment, we are actively working towards finding an appropriate resolution for your issue, and we will provide you with an update as soon as we can. We kindly request your cooperation during this time.

Regards,

Vijay n   

0 Kudos
vij1
Employee

Hello RSump1,

Greetings for the day!

No, you do not need to rerun the firmware update if you add an additional hotswap power supply or another HDD hotswap cage to the S2600STBR server board, provided the existing firmware is up to date.

Regards,

Vijay N

0 Kudos
vij1
Employee

Hello RSump1, 

Greetings for the day!

We are currently awaiting your response regarding the case. If you have any queries or require further assistance, please feel free to respond on the community post. We are more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Vijay N

0 Kudos
vij1
Employee

Hello RSump1, 

Greetings for the day!

We have not received a reply from you , and as such, we will be closing your case.

Regards,

Vijay N

0 Kudos