Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage; and Intel® Xeon® Processors
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
4302 Discussions

data in vol is being verified and repaired

lmoor3
Beginner

New girl shut down our server.....big error.........which was running xp pro on a raid system with 2 hard drives...Other users were using a program with its data base on that server...think it is called raid 1...one drive in main drive and second drive is identical. devise is ICH8R/ICH9R SATA RAID CONTROLER . What my question is.........should I just let it continue to do the verify / repair.........and expect all things to be just fine....I am asssuming it will finish after some hours and come back with the message that "Data protection activated" ...or should I do some proactive thing? when you do the console thing one option is to select a raid 1.. ( with help from the dental software people, I got the sw data base now back to normal.)

0 Kudos
0 Replies