Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4762 Discussions

fup8X35HSDK top leds not working paired with RS2BL080

LKelt
Beginner

I have a P4000 chassis that I dropped an S1200SPL board into. We're using the RS2BL080 (sold it year ago in a different server, reusing it in this one as it works fine) and used the FUP8x35HSDK drive caddy. it's full of intel enterprise SSDs and WD 500GB RE drives. The chassis works great, I got windows server 2012R2 installed, two different arrays made, hotswap seems to function normally as well too.

The only problem is that the top row of LEDs only light up with activity. activating locate drive within RAID Web Console 2 does not light up the orange light on the top row, and the normally lit green light on a normally running drive is not lit ever. The bottom row works totally fine in all aspects.

I have the I2C cable hooked to the motherobard, which it seem that maybe I don't even need as I don't think this thing has firmware to update.

I would note that I updated the firmware on the motherboard before installing the cage, so maybe it needs to be done again as to properly recognize it? or is there something else? Or do i need to return the 8x bay and get 2x 4bay enclosures instead?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello ,

Regarding your question, "fup8X35HSDK top leds not working paired with RS2BL080 ".

Let's see how we can come up with a solution for this.

First, has it ever worked before, when was the last time did you see working?

Also, from the HDD that the LED works have you try to swap the location; this will help us to see if the problem is with the HDD Carrier or the Hot Swap Backplane.

Also, could you please attach a good picture of the LED at question.

If there is anything else we can help please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello lkeltner,

I just will like to follow up on your question about the LED not working on the top row HDD's.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello lkeltner,

I just will like to follow up on your question about the LED not working on the top row HDD's.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Goals

To determine if the promble is with the backplane or HDD carrier
  • Voice of Customer ( if any

Issues Encountered
  • P4000 chassis
  • S1200SPL
  • RS2BL080

Facts
  • Status light working.Location LED not working

Troubleshooting Performed
  • Firmware update

Solution/Recommendation
  • Test working HDD carrier its place. – Follow UP

RPL CHECK
  • Lance Keltner
  • intel searched for (name contains "Lance Keltner") at 10:00 PM on 21-Oct-2017
  • Matches 0 - 0 out of 0 matches

Follow UP 2
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello lkeltner,

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello lkeltner,

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello lkeltner,

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos