Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

how to recognize my backplane to update firmware

AAlex21
Beginner

it will be very fine, if you give me link for download update fo this device

0 Kudos
1 Solution
KL2
Valued Contributor I

As far as I know, the hot swap backplane (HSBP) firmware upgrade for the hard drive cages contained modern Intel cases (P4000) is only available within the Intel server motherboard BMC firmware update.

E.G. Here's a list of the BMC firmware list from the latest BIOS / Firmware update package for the S2600CW2:

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
KL2
Valued Contributor I

As far as I know, the hot swap backplane (HSBP) firmware upgrade for the hard drive cages contained modern Intel cases (P4000) is only available within the Intel server motherboard BMC firmware update.

E.G. Here's a list of the BMC firmware list from the latest BIOS / Firmware update package for the S2600CW2:

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

As mentioned by Gize2, the back plane firmware update is included on the firmware package for the board. Please let us know the model number for your Intel server board and also make sure you have the HSBP or I2C cable connected from the board to the back plane in order to run the update successfully without any errors.

0 Kudos
AAlex21
Beginner

dont see on raid alert message. i'm physicaly eject discs.

0 Kudos
KL2
Valued Contributor I

If I remember correctly, HSBP firmware version is listed in the BIOS (F2), under a sub-heading that eludes me right now. Have a look through all of the BIOS menu's, because there's a section that lists most of the firmware revisions for the different firmware components.

I don't have one I can look at right now, so somebody else may be able to chime in and correct me if I'm wrong.

0 Kudos
AAlex21
Beginner

sorry for my english, from russia with respects.

0 Kudos