Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

is e5-2697v2 compatible with s2600cw ?

ac19
Beginner

my platform bases on e5-2697v2 and w2600cr .

couples of days ago it cannot be powered on , beeps 1-5-4-2 , which means dc failure .

this goes on with or without board battery .

i think my power cases are running normally , so the mainboard is to be replaced .

but thing is that w2600cr is discontinued 2years ago , so that is the question .

please help !!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello Alex

In regards to your issue, test your system without any memory running the minimal system configuration, you should get 3 long beeps, this means that your system is detecting your processor. If you do not get any beep code the problem can be either with your processor or with the server board.

The beep code sequence 1-5-4-2 means that there is a power fault and the DC power unexpectedly lost (power good dropout) also that the power unit sensors report power unit failure offset. We do recommend testing another power supply.

For more information please check page 188 on http://download.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/s2600cw/sb/s2600cw_tps_r1_3.pdf technical product specification .

Finally you can swap your processor and memory and check if the problem continues.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Alex

In regards to your issue, test your system without any memory running the minimal system configuration, you should get 3 long beeps, this means that your system is detecting your processor. If you do not get any beep code the problem can be either with your processor or with the server board.

The beep code sequence 1-5-4-2 means that there is a power fault and the DC power unexpectedly lost (power good dropout) also that the power unit sensors report power unit failure offset. We do recommend testing another power supply.

For more information please check page 188 on http://download.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/s2600cw/sb/s2600cw_tps_r1_3.pdf technical product specification .

Finally you can swap your processor and memory and check if the problem continues.

Best regards,

Sergio S.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Alex,

We are following up your question and we would like to know if there is anything we assist you with.

Sincerely,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
ac19
Beginner

sorry I didnot update my issue in time .

I seperated my power case to connect to another pc , it worked .

Then tried to start up w2600cr again with minimum config and without onboard battery , got no beeps at all ; and after long pushing the power button for 10 seconds around , 1-5-4-2 beeped again .

So it shall be platform problem , and since the mainboard has 2 groups of memory slots died one by one besides the platform still worked for a year , at advance , so it is w2600cr looks dead .

So my issue as the title mentioned remains .

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Alex,

I am sorry to hear that you still have the same problem, the other option will be to test another power supply unit and if the problem continues, please provide us the PBA number and serial number of your system in order to check the warranty.

Best regards,

Sergio S.
0 Kudos
ac19
Beginner

I use 2 power units to supply my workstation , tried each to start up minimal config , nothing happened , and odds of failure of both power unit are very low .

So the warranty number might be in this photo :

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Alex c,

According to the https://supporttickets.intel.com/warrantyinfo warranty tool, your server board is out of warranty. We recommend contacting one of the Intel(R) https://locate.intel.com/ authorize distributors near your area and check if they still have your device in stock.

Serial Number:

OSIP21508654

Stocking ID/Part # :

G59236-301

Estimated Warranty Expiration:

October 11, 2015

Best regards,

Sergio S.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Alex,

We are following up your question and I would like to know if you need further assistance.

Sincerely,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Alex c,

We would like to know if you were able to resolve your problem, please let us know in case you have any more questions.

Best regards,

Sergio S.
0 Kudos