Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage; and Intel® Xeon® Processors
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
4302 Discussions

s2600cw hangs with 8xSamsung M393A1G40DB0-CPB 8GB DDR4-2133 1Rx4 LP ECC REG in 1dpc config, CPU: 2x E5-2658v3 any idea?

JVier
Beginner

my S2600cw Board hangs with 8xSamsung M393A1G40DB0-CPB 8GB DDR4-2133 1Rx4 LP ECC REG in 1dpc config in the blue slots.

CPUs are 2x E5-2658v3.

If I remove 4 and use only the 4 outer blue slots they are running fine @2133MHz.

Any idea what might be the problem?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
David_A_Intel

I understand that the unit is only working when you have 4 modules installed in the outer blue slots. Could you confirm the DIMM slots you are using? Have you moved the memory around?

I would assume you are installing the memory modules in DIMMs A1, B1, C1, D1, E1, F1, G1, and H1. Let's try to use 3 modules per processor to see if we have the same results (A1, B1, C1, E1, F1 and G1.

I would recommend gathering the logs of your system by using the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=24388 Intel System Information Retrieval Utility to review the entries of the boot attempt when we have all of the memory modules installed.

JVier
Beginner

Hello,

with 4 dimms I have used slot A1, C1, E1, G1.

it is booting with 6 dimms in A1, B1, C1, E1, F1 and G1 as you suggested.

The system is configured to boot when powerd on.

On an unsuccesful attempt with more than 6 dimms the BMC logs only power on /off and nothing in between.

Thank you.

Bye

Joerg

David_A_Intel

Thank you for the update. This tells that the unit is able to work with more than 4 modules at the time. Now let's see if we can narrow down the issue in D1 or H1. Go ahead and install a memory module in D1 see if it works, and then do the same for H1.

The BMC keeps a historical record of the events of the unit. In this case, you should be able to run the update when you only have 6 modules installed.