Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4883 Discussions

vRanBoost + Integrated QAT Processor

PVD1
Beginner

I would like to look for an Intel processor that has vRanBoost + QAT integrated.

I can see a list of processors that have vRanBoost but NO QAT. 
I can see a list of processors that have integrated QAT bit NO vRanBoost.

Is a processor with vRanBoost + QAT integrated available?

Sorry, I am reaching out here because I can not get the answer by Intel product filter page.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

I have read your concern and I want to let you know that we do have a specific forum that handles this type of concern so it can get answered more quickly. I will be moving this to the Server Forum instead.

Ramyer M.

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Sreelakshmi1
Employee

Hello PVD1,

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum.

Please allow us some time to check the details and we will get back with an update shortly.

Regards,

Sreelakshmi B

0 Kudos
Sreelakshmi1
Employee

Hello PVD1,

Thank you for your patience.Intel® vRAN Boost integrates virtualized radio access network acceleration directly into the SoC to reduce system complexity and help improve energy efficiency which is available in 4th Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors.

Intel® QAT is a built-in accelerator on 4th Gen and newer Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors that improves performance and helps protect data across today's fastest-growing workloads which is supported on Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors or system-on-chip (SoC) Intel® Xeon® D processors. Please be informed that however depending on the processor SKU, there may or may not be dedicated Intel® QAT hardware available.

We would like to inform you that both VRAN boost and QAT (Quick Assist Technology) are not available in an Intel processor as integrated features.

Regards,

Sreelakshmi B

0 Kudos
PVD1
Beginner

Hello Sreelakshmi

>We would like to inform you that both VRAN boost and QAT (Quick Assist Technology) are not available in an Intel processor as integrated features.

Do you have any prospect or timeline of integration both VRAN Boosted + QAT on same processor?

Or if there any option for using Processor with VRAN boosted but with Alternative to QAT that perform the same as Hardware QAT?,  do you have any suggestion?

Regards,

Panhavad

0 Kudos
Sreelakshmi1
Employee

Hello PVD1,

Good day!

Thank you for your response. We will check the details and get back with an update as soon as possible.

Regards,

Sreelakshmi B

0 Kudos
Sreelakshmi1
Employee

Hello PVD1,

Good day!

As you are interested in our prospects for integrating both VRAN Boosted and QAT on the same processor, we regret to inform you that, at this time, we do not have any information regarding such integration.

Since you were checking for any option/suggestion for using a processor with VRAN boosted but with alternative to QAT that perform the same as Hardware QAT, Please be informed that we are unable to provide a suggestion because each system built is designed for one type of workload.

What we can suggest you is that all Xeon processors (4th and 5th Generation) that support QAT have a technology that could be similar to what you were trying to accomplish.

Also, we recommend you to check Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, which dynamically increases the processor's frequency as needed by taking advantage of thermal and power headroom to give you a burst of speed when you need it, and increased energy efficiency when you don’t.

Thank you for understanding.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Sreelakshmi B

0 Kudos
Sreelakshmi1
Employee

Hello PVD1,

Good day!

We are following up to find out if you were able to find the information we provided. Please reply to confirm, so we can continue helping on a resolution. Looking forward to receiving your reply.

Regards,

Sreelakshmi B

0 Kudos
PVD1
Beginner

Hi Sreelakshmi,

Thank you for the promt follow up with the inquery.

I acknowledge your answer on the above query.

Regards,

Panhavad

0 Kudos
Sreelakshmi1
Employee

Hello PVD1,

Good day!

Thank you for the confirmation. We would like to inform you that we are closing this request. Please don't hesitate to ask any further questions in the future. Feel free to start a new conversation, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards,

Sreelakshmi B

0 Kudos