Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

3522 Simulate tab hung

John_P_13
Beginner

I have upgraded to  XDK 3522.  Now when I click simulate for any device, or even a simple project with just one button, the Simulator is stuck on  the load screen.  I am running Windows 10.  I have attached a screen shot.  I have tried removing completely XDK and then re-installed, but without success, any help would be very much appreciated, John Proctor.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
John_P_13
Beginner

Hi Paul, thanks for your help.  I found out what's causing the simulate tab hanging on the loading screen.  It was a antivirus program called

Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+.  I've just got to find a way of setting the program not to block the simulator.  Again Paul thanks for your help John Proctor.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Does it work with the "hello cordova" sample?

0 Kudos
John_P_13
Beginner

Hi Paul, thanks for your help.  I found out what's causing the simulate tab hanging on the loading screen.  It was a antivirus program called

Ad-Aware Free Antivirus+.  I've just got to find a way of setting the program not to block the simulator.  Again Paul thanks for your help John Proctor.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

John -- make sure your anti-virus app allows for node-webkit (usually nw.exe on a Windows machine) to be used, the XDK runs within node-webkit.

0 Kudos