Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Access iCloud Drive

Fawaad_A_
Beginner

Hi,
I have been trying to connect with iCloud Drive over IPhone 6 (iOS 9.3.5) using app developed via Intel XDK. I have tried various plugins but none of them seem to work. Only after installing plugin from following URL, I am able to get response "YES" (avail = true) by invoking isAvailable function which implies the plugin is working but when i try to launch file picker FilePicker.pickFile(onFilePicked); i am not getting any results.

http://plugins.telerik.com/cordova/plugin/file-picker

As part of plugin prerequisite we need to create an iCloud Container and merge it with our App ID before we generate the provision profile. As per my understanding we then need turn on the iCloud Documents capabilities in Xcode for the default container. Right now we don't seem have this available from IntelXDK or I may be having wrong understanding of this. Please help or suggest a way to access iCloud Drive on iPhone.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

The instructions you are describing are not that clear, but I can tell you that you do not have access to the Xcode project, because your app is built in the cloud. So if the ONLY way you can do this is by modifying the Xcode project, then you likely cannot use the XDK build system to do what you want. However, if a plugin can be configured to enable this feature, you might be able to do it by modifying a plugin.

Probably best to search for Cordova solutions on Stack Overflow to see if there is a way to do this in a plugin.

0 Kudos
Dominic_J_
Beginner

Hi, have you been able to find a solution to have this plugin work with XDK?

0 Kudos