Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Activation failure for Parallel Studio 2016

Thomas_K_3
Beginner

I have a valid registration for Parallel Studio XE and have been happily using the 2015 version for some time (currently on Windows 10).  My support status is active until March 2016.  I received an email indicating that Parallel Studio XE 2016 was available and attempted to install it.  This went well until the activation screen.  When I typed in my (new for the 2016 version) serial number, I received a pop-up message: "Activation rights do not allow this software to be installed.  This could be due to expired subscription or incompatible serial number."  Following some of the commentary here around licensing changes for 2016, I tried getting the license file, but this also failed (though I simply downloaded the license file from the registration center and placed it in the directory indicated by the environment variable INTEL_LICENSE_FILE).  The message when attempting to use the license file was different: "The license file provided is invalid."  I tried adding my Host ID (using Activate Serial Number under Manage License in the registration center), and using both serial-number and license-file activation approaches, but this did not appear to do anything to alleviate the problem.  I would be very grateful for some help with this issue, as I am excited to enjoy the new functionality in the 2016 version.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MalReddy_Y_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Ok, We can talk offline.

Thanks,

Reddy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
MalReddy_Y_Intel
Employee

Hi,

There is a change in the licensing model, Have you tried license upgrade with proper registration of hostname and host ID?, since under the 2016 licensing model each system requires a unique license file. I can see two times registration of your S.NO with different hostname and host ID's, what is the exact host ID/hostname of the machine that you are trying to install ? Based on these fields we have to use license file appropriately.

Thanks,

Reddy

0 Kudos
Thomas_K_3
Beginner

Thank you very much, Reddy.  Yes, I'm aware of the change in the licensing model.  I did attempt to register host ID, as I mentioned in my note, but I was evidently not successful.  I realize that there are now 2 distinct host IDs under my license, but this was not my intention -- the first host ID was not created manually by me, but was already there.  How would you suggest I proceed?  I followed the instructions for determination of the proper host ID when entering the second host ID, but perhaps the first host ID needs to be deleted?  How would I accomplish that?  Should I send you a message privately with details?  Thanks again, Tom

0 Kudos
MalReddy_Y_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Ok, We can talk offline.

Thanks,

Reddy

0 Kudos
Kyle_W_
Beginner

Experiencing same type of issue.......registered for and received a floating license for 2016 Cluster

I've successfully installed the license file on our server, but clients continue to indicate an invalid license

This is our first go around with using Parallel Studio and the prof is anxious to get it running in our lab environments

Serial # we were issued is XXXXXXXXX

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

Kyle W. wrote:

Experiencing same type of issue.......registered for and received a floating license for 2016 Cluster

I've successfully installed the license file on our server, but clients continue to indicate an invalid license

This is our first go around with using Parallel Studio and the prof is anxious to get it running in our lab environments

Serial # we were issued is XXXXXXXXX

I edited out the SN as these should not be posted in open forum. I will assist you via private message.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Thomas_K_3
Beginner

Hi Kyle,

My problem (resolved with Reddy's help) turned out to be related to the presence of multiple physical addresses (that is, multiple candidates for the host ID, according to the current installation instructions).  We went through a processes of trying a candidate for the host ID and then asking Reddy to delete it when activation failed . . . by trial and error, this got to the correct host ID and installation was successful.  For me, this was related to wireless networking, but I can imagine that it could come up in other contexts as well.  Good luck in getting Parallel Studio installed.

0 Kudos
Burton_R_
Beginner

I am having the same issue.  I have installed the latest version and checked my new serial number, hostname, hostid, etc..

Please contact me via email or let me know how to contact support.

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

Burton R. - If you still have an issue with Activation Failure please start a new thread in this forum. Better yet, if you have an active Intel Premier Support account that is the perfect place to ask for personal support.

Regards,

Noga

Intel Developer Support

0 Kudos