Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Administrator password

ELHAM_A_
Beginner

Hello, 

I have downloaded the Intel XDK software on my Mac. after the download I tried to open it, but it is asking for administrator password 

I could not figure out what that password is, as I have tried all possible passwords (I tried my laptop password, Intel XDK account password,...), yet nothing works.

Could you please help me with this issue 

Best regards,

0 Kudos
6 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee
0 Kudos
ELHAM_A_
Beginner

Thank you so much for getting back to me 

I have checked out both web pages you recommend me to review, yet neither of the two was helpful 

it does not resolve my issue .. I am the one who set up my Mac when I bought it and as I mentioned I have tried all possible password but I still have the same problem 

it has been almost a month now and my problem has not been fixed yet.. it is urgent please as my course has already finished and I have not practice anything I also have an exam to do within this two days, therefore, I need this to get fixed, as soon as, possible please 

Best regards,

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Elham -- we have not been able to reproduce the issue. Are you sure you've tried the methods outlined by the Apple post? If you cannot get past that installation hurdle, you may need to borrow another computer from someone to do your homework.

0 Kudos
Araceli_L_
Beginner

I was facing the same problem. I read the first link Paul F (Intel) provided, so then I tried my Mac user password and voilà. 

ELHAM A. did you try your MAC user password?

Thank you for providing this information. 

0 Kudos
Josette_J_
Beginner

I downloaded this software but it won't let me set it up because I don't have an administrative password and will not accept my intel password, did you work this out? My mac password didn't work either. 

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Josette J. wrote:

I downloaded this software but it won't let me set it up because I don't have an administrative password and will not accept my intel password, did you work this out? My mac password didn't work either.

Your XDK password does not apply during the install. It is normally your Mac password for you account. If that doesn't work, it means your Mac account is not an admin account, in which case you need to figure out what your Mac admin password is. See this Apple doc for details > https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201760 <

0 Kudos