Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Android - App Not Installed - INSTALL_FAILED_CONFLICTING_PROVIDER

Meena_F_
Beginner

Install android app error "App Not Installed", from adb the error is Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_CONFLICTING_PROVIDER], after reverse engineering the apk found that in the AndroidManifest.xml the provider element generated with default android:authorities which is conflicting with another app and as the AndroidManifest.xml is in the xdk cloud servers so i can't fix it even through a dummy plugin.

<provider android:authorities="com.google.android.gms.measurement.google_measurement_service" android:exported="false" android:name="com.google.android.gms.measurement.AppMeasurementContentProvider"/>

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Elroy_A_Intel
Employee

I have escalated this issue to the Intel XDK Build team to investigate.

0 Kudos
Gary_H_2
New Contributor I

Any update on this because I have an app on the Play Store that fails to install on some Android devices with a "duplicate provider authority" error. Older builds I made don't have the issue but recent ones have this in the manifest:-

<meta-data android:name="com.google.android.gms.version" android:value="@integer/google_play_services_version"/>
        <provider android:authorities="com.google.android.gms.measurement.google_measurement_service" android:exported="false" android:name="com.google.android.gms.measurement.AppMeasurementContentProvider"/>
        <receiver android:enabled="true" android:name="com.google.android.gms.measurement.AppMeasurementReceiver">
            <intent-filter>
                <action android:name="com.google.android.gms.measurement.UPLOAD"/>
            </intent-filter>
        </receiver>
        <service android:enabled="true" android:exported="false" android:name="com.google.android.gms.measurement.AppMeasurementService"/>

0 Kudos
Gary_H_2
New Contributor I

I have looked at this some more and it seems to be because I'm now using the PushWoosh plugin that uses Googles Play Services library.

This issue with Play Services is reported here https://code.google.com/p/analytics-issues/issues/detail?id=784

Any ideas how to get around this without removing PushWoosh?

0 Kudos
Gary_H_2
New Contributor I

The suggested workaround from here https://github.com/Pushwoosh/pushwoosh-phonegap-plugin/issues/149 is to change the build gradle but not sure if that is possible with the XDK.

android {
defaultConfig.applicationId = "your.package.id"
}

0 Kudos
Gary_H_2
New Contributor I

This issue is also being discussed here https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk/topic/607293#comment-1857390

The suggestion is to use the intel-xdk branch rather that the one available in the featured plugins section. Unfortunately my build fails when i use the inte-xdk version.

0 Kudos
Rakshith_K_Intel
Employee

What other plugins are you using in the project? Can u attach the intel-xdk screenshot of build fail message that shows the list of plugins installed?

0 Kudos
Pedro_O_
Beginner

We are having the same problem.

The application compiles correctly, but in time to install the Play Store it occurs the error of double authority.

Below is a list of installed plugins:

• Plugin: cordova-plugin-statusbar - Version: 1.0.0
  • Plugin: cordova-plugin-device - Version: 1.0.1
  • Plugin: cordova-plugin-splashscreen - Version: 2.1.0
  • Plugin: cordova-plugin-network-information - Version: 1.0.1
  • Plugin: intel.xdk.device - Version: 1.2.5
  • Plugin: cordova-plugin-x-socialsharing - Version: 5.0.7
  • Plugin: cordova-plugin-camera - Version: 1.2.0
  • Plugin: cordova-plugin-file - Version: 2.1.0
  • Plugin: cordova-plugin-file-transfer - Version: 1.4.0
  • Plugin: com.pushwoosh.plugins.pushwoosh - Version: 3.6.16
  • Plugin: cordova-plugin-legacy-whitelist - Version: 1.1.0

I saw the solution posed by Gary H. for Cordova, we have something like the XDK?

Help us, the application is in production and can not deliver to my clients.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Rakshith_K_Intel
Employee

@Pedro.O 

you should be able to build with intel-xdk branch of pushwoosh plugin:

https://github.com/Pushwoosh/pushwoosh-phonegap-plugin/tree/intel-xdk

download the zip and add it in XDK as 3rd party -> local plugin and build, this will resolve the "Application not installed" issue

@Gary H.

your build is failing with intel-xdk branch of pushwoosh, cause u probably have another 3rd party plugin that is also installing google.playservices framework dependency, the intel-xdk branch of pushwoosh has a pre-compiled .jar file for google.playservices, this is conflicting with the other plugin installing the same dependency, that is the reason the build is failing with error 'multiple definition...'

We are trying to find a solution from pushwoosh, will keep you posted.

0 Kudos
Pedro_O_
Beginner

Hello Rakshith Krishnappa,

I've tried to compile with the branch for Intel-XDK and was also not possible, as in the list of plugin problems, this is a bug in core Cordova for Android, see the link below the displayed workaround:

https://github.com/Pushwoosh/pushwoosh-phonegap-plugin/issues/149

I know how I can change the gradle file in the XDK to enter this adjustment?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Rakshith_K_Intel
Employee

@Pedro O.

What do u mean by "branch for Intel-XDK and was also not possible", is the build failing or you get "App not installed" error ?

How did u add the pushwoosh intel-xdk branch plugin in XDK.

If u use intel-xdk branch, then u dont need to do gradle workaround, but the build might fail if u have another plugin that uses google plarservices dependency

0 Kudos
Pedro_O_
Beginner

Rakshith,

Thanks for your help.

Had tried to compile with the latest version of the branch pushwoosh for XDK and had not worked, I tried again with a new version released and it worked.

Worked properly for Android.

0 Kudos