Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Android Build not possible

Arne_B_1
Beginner

Hi,

I have a problem with the build of an android App. I think the problem is the "Using plattform Android-Cordova".

Please help me.

Arne

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Elroy_A_Intel
Employee

Are you able to build blank Android (Optimized with Crosswalk) projects successfully?

0 Kudos
Jerroyd_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Arne,

Have you taken a look at your compile log? It looks like one of your assets  is not a PNG file.

:mergeReleaseResourceslibpng error: Not a PNG file

Error: Failed to run command:
	.../android-sdk/build-tools/21.1.2/aapt s -i .../ToolBoxKuP_new/platforms/android/res/drawable-xhdpi/icon.png -o .../ToolBoxKuP_new/platforms/android/build/intermediates/res/release/drawable-xhdpi-v4/icon.png
Error Code:
Output:
	libpng error: Not a PNG file
0 Kudos
Arne_B_1
Beginner

There were jpgs in my project. I converted them to png. But the error is still there. Do I have to delet the project files from the server?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Arne -- you shouldn't have to delete the project from the server, but it wouldn't hurt. You can start with using the little garbage can icon on the build page. If that doesn't work, login to App Center to delete all entries. See this FAQ > https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/faqs/general#apps-in-development

0 Kudos
Arne_B_1
Beginner

The error is still there. I dont understand the error log:

Error: Failed to run command:
	.../android-sdk/build-tools/21.1.2/aapt s -i .../ToolBoxKuP_new/platforms/android/res/drawable-xhdpi/icon.png -o .../ToolBoxKuP_new/platforms/android/build/intermediates/res/armv7/release/drawable-xhdpi-v4/icon.png
Error Code:
Output:

:mergeArmv7ReleaseResources FAILED

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':mergeArmv7ReleaseResources'.
> Error: Failed to run command:
  	.../android-sdk/build-tools/21.1.2/aapt s -i .../ToolBoxKuP_new/platforms/android/res/drawable-xhdpi/icon.png -o .../ToolBoxKuP_new/platforms/android/build/intermediates/res/armv7/release/drawable-xhdpi-v4/icon.png
  Error Code:
  Output:

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED

Total time: 5.758 secs
ERROR building one of the platforms: Error: .../ToolBoxKuP_new/platforms/android/gradlew: Command failed with exit code 1
You may not have the required environment or OS to build this project
Error: .../ToolBoxKuP_new/platforms/android/gradlew: Command failed with exit code 1
    at ChildProcess.whenDone (.../ToolBoxKuP_new/platforms/android/cordova/node_modules/cordova-common/src/superspawn.js:139:23)
    at emitTwo (events.js:87:13)
    at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:172:7)
    at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:821:16)
    at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:211:5)

I have no more ideas where a wrong asset can be found. Do you have some more advices?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

@Arne -- how did you convert your JPG files to PNG format? Renaming them will not convert the internal format. You have to use a conversion tool or open the JPG files in an image editor and then save them as PNG formatted files. If that is what you did, it may be that the tool you used saved them in some obscure PNG format that is not being recognized.

It's hard to tell from your error message where this icon.png file is coming from (is it from your app or from a plugin). Can you provide a copy of the <project-name>.xdk file in the root of your project directory so I can see what plugins are part of your app. Also, if you could provide a ZIP of the icon image files that are in your project. Please ZIP them all together and post the ZIP as a file attachment to your next post (see the "Attach Files to Post" link below the edit window.

0 Kudos
Arne_B_1
Beginner

It works! I thought renaming is enough. ^^'

Thanks for help!

0 Kudos