Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Android build errors...

Phil_P___Pete_
New Contributor I
.../cordova_project/platforms/android/build/intermediates/res/merged/release/values-v24/values-v24.xml:3 : AAPT: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.Button.Borderless.Colored'.

.../cordova_project/platforms/android/build/intermediates/res/merged/release/values-v24/values-v24.xml:4 : AAPT: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.Button.Colored'.

:processReleaseResources FAILED
:processReleaseResources (Thread[main,5,main]) completed. Took 0.279 secs.

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':processReleaseResources'.
> com.android.ide.common.process.ProcessException: org.gradle.process.internal.ExecException: Process 'command '.../android-sdk/build-tools/25.0.0/aapt'' finished with non-zero exit value 1

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Phil_P___Pete_
New Contributor I

I downloaded 3.1.7 and made the following changes to the "android" section of plugin.xml file:

<!-- comment these out so that we can pin to API level 23 for XDK -->
        <!-- 
        <framework src="com.android.support:support-v4:+" />
        <framework src="com.android.support:appcompat-v7:+" />
        -->
        <!-- add these so that we're pinned to API level 23 for XDK -->
        <framework src="com.android.support:support-v4:23.+" />
        <framework src="com.android.support:appcompat-v7:23.+" />

I will remove the existing plugin and add the modified 3.1.7 as a 3rd party plugin and try a build tomorrow... and post the results here.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
André_V_
Beginner

When I try to build for android Intel XDK close without shows any error.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Phil -- are you using the diagnostics plugin? See this forum thread > https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk/topic/709648 < and this one > https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk/topic/709382 <

Some plugins require a specific version of Android to build against (e.g., Android 6 or higher), which our build system does not support. It requires a later version of the Cordova CLI and Android Cordova framework then what is present on our build system.

If the above is the case, you must either use an older version of the plugin that is making this request or build your app using PhoneGap Build or Cordova CLI. If you need to use the version of the plugin that requires a later version of CLI/Android, let me know and I can provide instructions on how to use those other tools for building.

0 Kudos
Phil_P___Pete_
New Contributor I

Sorry Paul. But no changes have been made to the project in over a month. While I am using version 3.1.7 of the diagnostic plugin, it was building just fine with that version before.  In fact, nothing has changed in the project. No new plugins, no new code and no new graphics since the app was put in the app stores. All I needed to do was update a third party API key.

Successfully started process 'command '.../android-sdk/build-tools/25.0.0/aapt''
.../cordova_project/platforms/android/build/intermediates/res/merged/release/values-v24/values-v24.xml:3 : AAPT: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.Button.Borderless.Colored'.

.../cordova_project/platforms/android/build/intermediates/res/merged/release/values-v24/values-v24.xml:4 : AAPT: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.Button.Colored'.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

According to this post > https://github.com/dpa99c/cordova-diagnostic-plugin/issues/172#issuecomment-274320324 < 3.1.7 shouldn't work. Not 100% clear on why it may have been working and now does not. If you switch to a lower version of that plugin does it make a difference in the outcome? I would try versions between 3.1.1 and 3.1.7 to test.

0 Kudos
Phil_P___Pete_
New Contributor I

The reason 3.1.7 was working is because you were at the latest level of the API 23. When the API level went to 24, it broke the latest version.  Not sure whether I will use the latest version and pin it to 23 or roll back versions. How long before you go to 24?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Could be a while before you see 24 in our build system. I would make it work with 23 or build externally if you need 24.

0 Kudos
Phil_P___Pete_
New Contributor I

I downloaded 3.1.7 and made the following changes to the "android" section of plugin.xml file:

<!-- comment these out so that we can pin to API level 23 for XDK -->
        <!-- 
        <framework src="com.android.support:support-v4:+" />
        <framework src="com.android.support:appcompat-v7:+" />
        -->
        <!-- add these so that we're pinned to API level 23 for XDK -->

I will remove the existing plugin and add the modified 3.1.7 as a 3rd party plugin and try a build tomorrow... and post the results here.

0 Kudos
Jerroyd_M_Intel
Employee

Thanks for posting the work around Phil!

0 Kudos
Phil_P___Pete_
New Contributor I

You're welcome and that fix does indeed fix the problem.

0 Kudos
Sebastian_K_1
Beginner

Hi, I am getting the same error on all my builds, that excact error in fact.

Where do i add the lines

is it at the end of the platform=android section of the plugin.xml in every plugin? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Phil_P___Pete_
New Contributor I

ONLY the diagnostic plugin was discussed in this fix. In the comment marked best reply I showed exactly where to apply this fix.

if you're not using the diagnostic plugin, you may want to check your other plugins and see which one is coded to use the latest API.

0 Kudos