Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Any Decent x4500 Graphics Driver(s) Planned to Help w/Gaming?

Deleted_U_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Does Intel offer any kind of adecent graphics driver for their GM45 graphics (x4500), to help w/game performance? Something that has DirectX settings like the OpenGL settings,either officially, or unofficially?

Presently, out of my 2.0 GHz IntelT3200 cpu powered laptop, w/the GM45 chipset (x4500), 4 gb DDR2 memory, and Vista Premium x64,I'm getting between700 and 800 in 3DMark06.Is there any Intel graphics driver available, or being worked on, that can improve this, as well as have DirectX settings, like OpenGLhas?

The driver(s) presently available for download are just Plain Jane drivers w/no settings in them, except for OpenGL. Nothing for DirectX. Something to squeeze a little performance out of the graphics. You have much more memory to work with on the x4500 (1759 mb) than w/the oldx3100 (353 mb?).

Seeing what ATI and Nvidia have to offer, even for their bottom of the line integrated graphics, it seems to me that Intel could put out some decent driver(s), certainly better than what they have presently. If all the talk about Intel trying to get back into the graphics market is true, they better learn to come out w/good drivers, including for their chipsets as well.

Thx.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
delacy__david
Beginner

just make sure what you buy doesnt have overheating issues like most of the gaming laptops from amd and nvidia

0 Kudos