Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Mobile Intel 965 express family

masmace
Beginner

Hi I'm trying to play Warhammer online but my graphics card or video card w/e does not meet minimum requirements. I have a XPS home premium 32 bit with mobile Intel 965 express family chipset 251 mb.I clicked update driver but it said up to date, then I went to intel.com and tryed looking for download for updates to graphic drivers or anything but everything I tryed kept saying not validated for this computer. Does anyone have link or something I can do to update graphic driver or just what to do in this case. I'm also asking warhammer support for support* on this matter. I check back alot so if you need any more information about the problem or w/e just ask.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sargeras9
Beginner

To install intel's drivers, first you need to uninstall the dell ones that are already on the machine, and THEN install the newer ones. Basically, the Dell ones don't like the generic ones from intel, and think only drivers released from Dell are valid.

I must warn you though, people have been having trouble with the newest drivers from Intel (me included). See this thread for details on which do/don't work:

http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=61093page/1

0 Kudos
sargeras9
Beginner

Nevermind what I said about the problem, it only seems to affect Inspiron 1525 users, and I forgot where you said you're using an XPS. Sorry about that.

0 Kudos
delacy__david
Beginner

the problem is that the dell drivers are 4 ID drivers and the generic intel drivers are just 2 ID drivers

and by default the os wont allow a 2 ID driver to overwrite a 4 ID driver

0 Kudos