Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Any update from Intel on the problems many of us have been having?

Timothy_M_1
Beginner

I have had my device for a month now and have basically been unable to use it for more than 10 minutes at a time.

I've posted all of the information I can find, but I would be glad to post more and try to help if Intel would communicate with us.

Is there any update from Intel about whether or not they are working on our issues, have a fix in the pipeline, etc? I am not looking for "a fix will be released on Monday at 8am" kind of specificity. Just a general guide that it is being worked on. Paying $100 for a dev kit and not being able to, you know, develop with it is pretty frustrating.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Wolfgang_F_
Beginner

The big problem for your disappointment is only Intel.

Since end June I have this problem. INTEL is unable to initialize general his device RealSense F200 with their DCM drivers by using Windows OS. It's a Mega Deal: you buy this F200 DevelopmentKit for gameplaying and then for longtime you can find out why this device is not initializing or working. Is it your OS, is it the device, is it your incapacity or ...   It's enough to drive one to despair!  Intel hasn't any solution for this issue. It's time to dream.

0 Kudos
Ariska_Hidayat
Beginner

I am also troubled by pipeline in unity5. Then I downgrade to unity4 and runs well although there are 6 error information.

0 Kudos
samontab
Valued Contributor II

Well, the camera has some very particular requirements. If you meet those hardware requirements, the camera should work.

Keep in mind that this is not a consumer product though.

0 Kudos
Timothy_M_1
Beginner

I understand it is not a consumer product and I would be perfectly fine with some bumps in the road. But a completely non-functional product, for more than a month, with no help from Intel, is not what I would expect.

0 Kudos