Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

App not responding after launching it , works after few seconds!

Sam_J_3
Beginner

Hello.

I have developed an android app using Intel XDK, Framework 7. Everything is till the app creation worked well. When the app was launched , the buttons in the app wouldn't respond during the first few seconds, also the device keys. It works fine after few seconds. 

Help me with this initial response problem. 

Thank you in advance.

Sam

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Sam -- please follow the recommendations provided by Elroy and Diego.

It is likely that your app is attempting to load some resources over the network during initialization, which is quite common in a web app or web page when it initially loads but is very dangerous in a mobile app because you may not have a network connection or that connection may be very slow or inconsistent. Your apps initial resources should all available locally to the app (e.g., stored within the www folder or subfolders) in order to insure that it can initialize and start without a network connection present.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Elroy_A_Intel
Employee

I recommend using the tools provided on the Debug Tab within Intel XDK. You will be able to evaluate your application while it is running on a device to diagnose your issue real time.

0 Kudos
Diego_Calp
Valued Contributor I

Hello Sam,

In this post is the solution, you need to modify some parameters at \www\xdk\init-dev.js file, look for the Paul F. reply.

Web App delay to take clicks [SOLVED]

Regards,

Diego

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Sam -- please follow the recommendations provided by Elroy and Diego.

It is likely that your app is attempting to load some resources over the network during initialization, which is quite common in a web app or web page when it initially loads but is very dangerous in a mobile app because you may not have a network connection or that connection may be very slow or inconsistent. Your apps initial resources should all available locally to the app (e.g., stored within the www folder or subfolders) in order to insure that it can initialize and start without a network connection present.

0 Kudos
Sam_J_3
Beginner

Thank you guys

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Sam J. wrote:

Hello Paul,

You are right!  I have 2 YouTube videos included in my android app. and guess that's the problem like u said. 

I'm using Framework 7 with XDK, and how do I include a video from www folder onto my app? There is only HTML, YouTube and Vimeo available in the Media tab.?

Please help.

Thank you,

Sam

You may have to include this by hand coding your HTML. I'll ask someone who is more familiar with App Designer and Framework7 to see if they can help.

0 Kudos
Sam_J_3
Beginner

Hi Paul.

Thats great.

I'm new to Intel XDK and HTML. If you could help me that will be awesome. Thanking you in advance 

Sam.

0 Kudos
Brian_W_Intel
Employee

Hey Sam,

The HTML5 video widget is the one you'll want to use to play your video. If it's in your www folder, you can just link to it inside the widget properties. As for best practices on loading the video, look at the documentation linked below:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/video

If you'd like to use a non-HTML5 solution, we don't have a widget for that, but I imagine the HTML5 solution will fit your needs.

Brian

0 Kudos