Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

App will not open in landscape

Mercedes_B_
Beginner

Hello

The app only opens in Portrait on the devices -when in Landscape you get Unfortunately (your app) has stopped.  I need it to open in landscape for tablet users.  In the build settings I left the Orientation settings to "Default".  If I change this to "Portrait", the app will no longer rotate to landscape which is needed to use the app.  The app needs to be able to rotate in both orientations.  What is the fix to have the app open in landscape because the "Default" is not working.  

Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

Please provide some details so I understand the problem fully:

Which device are you experiencing this issue on? What OS? 

Does your app stop when the device is physically in landscape position? Also, which build are you using? Cordova or Legacy? Are you using any plugins?

Thanks,

Swati

0 Kudos
Mercedes_B_
Beginner

This is an android app, only pertains to android devices.

When you hold the android device Landscape position the app will not open, all you see is blank(black) screen and then after 5 seconds you get a popup window "Unfortunately (your app) has stopped."  So it crashes and never opens up.

Likewise, if you hold the android device in Portrait position it open up normally.  Orientation for both positions work fine within the app itself, I am only asking for a solution to "opening the app" after the user clicks the app icon in landscape position.

The build is Cordova Android on version 1621.  (Camera, Device, InAppbrowser)

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

It looks like there might be issue with plugins version, please send me your project and I'll have a look. You can PM me as well.

Thanks,

Swati

0 Kudos
Soluna
Beginner

This might be related to the issue mentioned here (even if this is on ios): https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/544980

To reproduce just do this:

1. Create a new project based on a Sample and Demos template (in XDK) E.g. Missile Command (it has landscape as orientation)

2. Use the Test feature in XDK on a iOS device (e.g. an iPhone) and the App Preview app.

When the games runs on your iPhone it is shown in portrait (no matter in what orientation you are holding you phone).

0 Kudos
Mercedes_B_
Beginner

This isn't a game app.

Now my app opens in Landscape mode, missing was the landscape splash images- which cause the app to crash.

0 Kudos