Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Arabic app name

C_I_
Beginner

Hello,

I want to name my app in Arabic but, when i build for iOS, it fails.

Using: Intel XDK 3088

App name: إثرا

Error: 

xcodebuild: error: The project 'إثرا.xcodeproj' does not contain a target named 'إثرا'.
ERROR building one of the platforms: Error code 65 for command: xcodebuild with args: -xcconfig,.../builds/build.2016-03-30.08-25-56.ETXim4.tmp/webapp/platforms/ios/cordova/build-release.xcconfig,-project,إثرا.xcodeproj,ARCHS=armv7 arm64,-target,إثرا,-configuration,Release,-sdk,iphoneos,build,VALID_ARCHS=armv7 arm64,CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR=.../builds/build.2016-03-30.08-25-56.ETXim4.tmp/webapp/platforms/ios/build/device,SHARED_PRECOMPS_DIR=.../builds/build.2016-03-30.08-25-56.ETXim4.tmp/webapp/platforms/ios/build/sharedpch
You may not have the required environment or OS to build this project
Error: Error code 65 for command: xcodebuild with args: -xcconfig,.../builds/build.2016-03-30.08-25-56.ETXim4.tmp/webapp/platforms/ios/cordova/build-release.xcconfig,-project,إثرا.xcodeproj,ARCHS=armv7 arm64,-target,إثرا,-configuration,Release,-sdk,iphoneos,build,VALID_ARCHS=armv7 arm64,CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR=.../builds/build.2016-03-30.08-25-56.ETXim4.tmp/webapp/platforms/ios/build/device,SHARED_PRECOMPS_DIR=.../builds/build.2016-03-30.08-25-56.ETXim4.tmp/webapp/platforms/ios/build/sharedpch

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

This morning one of our Cordova experts figured out what is causing this. It is a very strange bug in the Cordova CLI build system (it is a bug in the Apache Cordova project). He is submitting a patch to the Apache Cordova project and is putting together a patch for our build system, as well. There is no workaround for our build system, it will be fixed when the patch has been confirmed to work and has been applied to our build system. I'm expecting that fix to be confirmed and in production next week, at the earliest, later if they discover problems with the patch.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

If you build with an English name does the build work?

0 Kudos
C_I_
Beginner

Yes, any english name. No arabic characters.

EDIT: I think it's related to this. 

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

In that case, it would require that you use CLI 5.4.1, since that is the version that includes cordova-ios@4.0, which is the version of the iOS Cordova framework that contains that fix (see this Cordova release note > https://cordova.apache.org/announcements/2015/12/08/cordova-ios-4.0.0.html <).

0 Kudos
C_I_
Beginner

Thank you for your reply.

But i am using the CLI 5.4.1 and i am targeting iOS 9.2.

The project was made from scratch in the last build of Intel XDk. Only the App ID has arabic characters, all the folders, files and paths have standard char names.

Thank you for your help and patience.

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I'll alert the build engineer. This should not be causing a problem.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

@CI -- can you provide the complete build log following a failed build. We need this in order to get more details about what is going wrong. The build engineer provided this feedback:

I did a successful iOS build with the provided Arabic string. I did find out that the build log does not print out the Arabic name properly.

One of the quirks of the cordova-ios build can cause an error. If the XDK project name and application name are the same but different cases, an error can occur.

We will need the entire compile log to see if we can determine why the build failed.

Expand the "Attach Files to Post" link below the edit window to post the contents of the detailed build log to this thread.

0 Kudos
C_I_
Beginner
Here is the complete log:

EDIT: I have followed this tutorial (the part with Change the "GUID" to all zeroes) and name the project as the AppName but i get this error : 

App project name:  "إثرا" 

App Name:  "إثرا" 

(no quotes) 

fail.PNG

With another name , i get this one:

App project:  "إثرا" 

App Name:"non arabic app name"

(no quotes) 

fail2.PNG

Thank you, I really appreciate your help.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Thanks, CI, I've forwarded the log to the build engineer.

0 Kudos
C_I_
Beginner

Hello,

Any news with the problem?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

This morning one of our Cordova experts figured out what is causing this. It is a very strange bug in the Cordova CLI build system (it is a bug in the Apache Cordova project). He is submitting a patch to the Apache Cordova project and is putting together a patch for our build system, as well. There is no workaround for our build system, it will be fixed when the patch has been confirmed to work and has been applied to our build system. I'm expecting that fix to be confirmed and in production next week, at the earliest, later if they discover problems with the patch.

0 Kudos
C_I_
Beginner

Thank you very much for your help. I will follow the updates and patches.

Have a great day!

0 Kudos
C_I_
Beginner

Hello!

Unfortunately, the bug is not fixed. I have updated to 3240 this morning, and tried again to build using an arabic AppName. Building with an non arabic app name worked. 

I will attach the failed build log.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Hello CI -- this is a backend fix, so the version of the XDK is independent. Latest from the build engineer is they expect it to be fixed in the next few days, so best estimate is that it should be definitely there on Monday. It will not require an update to the XDK, since this is a backend issue.

---- update ----

The backend build system has been updated so your app should now build correctly. Please give it a try and let us know if it works for you.

0 Kudos
C_I_
Beginner

Hello,

The bug is fixed, thank you so much for you help! Also, i want to thank you for the fast responses and support in my endeavor.

Tip of the hat, to you good sir, Paul F., and all the folks at Intel.

Have a great day!

0 Kudos