Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Build Failed after the last XDK Update

Rodrigo_Zanotta
Beginner

Hello guys, i'm getting "build failed" on the new version of XDK (congrats on the new build interface btw, pretty amazing).

I'm using Cordova 5.1.

My log:

Build Log

• Building a Cordova 5.1.1 application.
  • Using platform cordova-android 4.1.1.
  • The application name is "Onibuzz"
  • The package name is "xdk.intel.blank.template"
  • Plugin "org.apache.cordova.device" (0.2.13) installed.
  • Plugin "org.apache.cordova.splashscreen" (0.3.5) installed.
  • Plugin "cordova-plugin-legacy-whitelist" (1.1.1) installed.
  • App name updated to [Onibuzz]
  • Updated "minSdkVersion" with "14"
  • Updated "targetSdkVersion" with "19"
  • Updated "installLocation" to "auto"
  • Permission "android.permission.INTERNET" already exists.
  • Updated "versionCode" to "1"
  • Updated "versionName" to "0.0.1"
  • Added "debuggable" to "false"

And the error on the full log:

BUILD SUCCESSFUL

Total time: 28.636 secs
Built the following apk(s):
    .../Onibuzz/platforms/android/build/outputs/apk/android-release-unsigned.apk
Command finished with error code 0: .../Onibuzz/platforms/android/cordova/build --release

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
25 Replies
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

can you please attach the full build log? And also send the screenshot of the "build failed" error?

0 Kudos
Rodrigo_Zanotta
Beginner

SWATI S. (Intel) wrote:

can you please attach the full build log? And also send the screenshot of the "build failed" error?

Sure: https://goo.gl/alKZBC and http://i.imgur.com/zthryNX.jpg

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

The link for the log you provided is not valid. Can you attach the log.txt file here? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Rodrigo_Zanotta
Beginner

SWATI S. (Intel) wrote:

The link for the log you provided is not valid. Can you attach the log.txt file here? Thanks.

Sorry, it was expired. I atached the log file now.

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

There is no apparent error in the log, it's puzzling. Can you send your project zip via PM? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Rodrigo_Zanotta
Beginner

SWATI S. (Intel) wrote:

There is no apparent error in the log, it's puzzling. Can you send your project zip via PM? Thanks.

Sent.

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

I tried your project, but I'm not able to reproduce the behavior you see. I noticed that the one you sent has Cordova CLI 5.4.1 and your error log has CLI 5.1.1. you might have changed, is it possible to send your original project - the one you had before you started using Intel XDK 3088? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Rodrigo_Zanotta
Beginner

SWATI S. (Intel) wrote:

I tried your project, but I'm not able to reproduce the behavior you see. I noticed that the one you sent has Cordova CLI 5.4.1 and your error log has CLI 5.1.1. you might have changed, is it possible to send your original project - the one you had before you started using Intel XDK 3088? Thanks.

Ok, sent.

0 Kudos
Rodrigo_Zanotta
Beginner

Now i enabled the "Optmize with Android Crosswalk" option, the build fails and this is the message at the end of the log:

"

BUILD SUCCESSFUL

Total time: 1 mins 33.799 secs
Built the following apk(s): 
"
0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

I tried your old project and it worked fine. So, it looks like the certificate you are using may not be valid. When you upgraded to 3088, did you convert the legacy certificate your imported your own? I recommend that you convert the legacy certificate using the thick arrow under the account settings. See the document on how to conver the leacy certificate: https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/intel-xdk-certificate-management#android-convert-legacy-xdk-cert

0 Kudos
Rodrigo_Zanotta
Beginner

SWATI S. (Intel) wrote:

I tried your old project and it worked fine. So, it looks like the certificate you are using may not be valid. When you upgraded to 3088, did you convert the legacy certificate your imported your own? I recommend that you convert the legacy certificate using the thick arrow under the account settings. See the document on how to conver the leacy certificate: https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/intel-xdk-certificate-manageme...

I did convert the legacy certificate. I'll try reinstall XDK and use the previous version of my project. Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

Please let me know if the issue is still present.

0 Kudos
Rodrigo_Zanotta
Beginner

SWATI S. (Intel) wrote:

Please let me know if the issue is still present.

Same result.

I'm trying at my work. I will try later at home and i will post the result.

0 Kudos
Rodrigo_Zanotta
Beginner

I just tried at home. Same problem.

0 Kudos
Rodrigo_Zanotta
Beginner

I just created another project, imported my code and i get the same error. Almost giving up from XDK.

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

Rodrigo, sorry for the inconvenience. We are looking into this issue closely and trying to figure out what could be wrong. Would you mind trying one thing? 1) Clear the XDK cache (see how to here) 2) Create a project from a blank Cordova template and try to build and let me know if that works, please also send screenshot of the failed build and the log. Thanks for your patience!

0 Kudos
Rodrigo_Zanotta
Beginner

SWATI S. (Intel) wrote:

Rodrigo, sorry for the inconvenience. We are looking into this issue closely and trying to figure out what could be wrong. Would you mind trying one thing? 1) Clear the XDK cache (see how to here) 2) Create a project from a blank Cordova template and try to build and let me know if that works, please also send screenshot of the failed build and the log. Thanks for your patience!

I did. It gives me the "build failed" on the Intel XDK, but send me the e-mail to download the apk.

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

@Rodrigo, we found the issue. The problem is with your certificate alias. You've used an extended character “ã” in your cert alias. Only ASCII characters are allowed for certificate alias. 

You have two options:

1) Reconvert the legacy certificate:

1. Download your certificate,
  2. Delete your converted certificate from Account Settings
  3. Send an email from your account email address to html5tools@intel.com or  private message me  to enable reconversion 
  4. Then we will enable the conversion and you can convert the legacy certificate again 

OR

2) Change certificate alias yourself:

1. Download your certificate
  2. Delete the converted certificate
  3. Use the java keytool utility to rename the alias (do not use non-ASCII character or space)
  4. Re-upload the certificate.

Edit:

The third option : If you haven't used this certificate to publish app in the app store and not updating that same app then you can simply create a new certificate through Account settings.

0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

Rodrigo,

I have responded to your email, but for the benefit of others I want to respond here.

If this is an app that you never put in the Play Store you can just create a new cert in XDK.

If it is an upgrade to an app you previously submitted then we will need to restore your legacy keystore.

Pamela

0 Kudos
Rodrigo_Zanotta
Beginner

Thank you very much, i created a new certificated and now it works fine, i'm sorry if at any moment i was a little rude.

Thank you so much for your time.

0 Kudos