Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Build Failed for updating

Sudeep_V_
Beginner

Hi,

I'm developing an android game. It has few third party plugins. Earlier I used to add them in the .additional.xml file in the develop page of XDK and it used to work but after the update it is asking to add those plugins in the plugin management tool, otherwise it is showing error. I did so but still the building is failing. 

Kindly check the log below and rectify the error. 

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Could you please provide a copy of the additions.xml file that you were using, so we can compare and find some differences.

In the future, please attach files to the post, pasting large files like that to a forum makes it very difficult to help you.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

This appears to be the gist of the problem:

:compileArmv7ReleaseJava.../cordova_project/platforms/android/src/nl/xservices/plugins/SocialSharing.java:19: error: package org.apache.http.util does not exist

which is an indication that a Java library is not being located for the build. I'll ask our build engineer to take a closer look.

0 Kudos
Jerroyd_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Sudeep,

I'm an Intel Build Engineer. Could you zip up your Intel XDK Project into an archive, and send it to me? I'd like to look into your compile error.

I've sent you a PM with instructions.

Thanks,

--Jerroyd

0 Kudos
Sudeep_V_
Beginner

Hello,

Thank you so much for responding. I found the issue. I updated the plugin that causes the error. Now, I'm able to build the app without any issues.

Thanks again,

Sudeep V.

0 Kudos