Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Build failed

FP
Beginner

Hi there

Haven't built for a couple of days but didn't change anything. Today we're getting this error when attempting to build for Android or iOS (the only 2 we're currently using) - PS: We're still using version 2893 for a few more days due to planned release.

An error occurred while building the application. Verify your build assets are correct and try again.

I saw a tweet from April 18th which warned of build system downtime - is there something going on?

Thanks

0 Kudos
26 Replies
Pamela_H_Intel

Oops - I spoke too soon. It only works for Android and Windows. It still fails on Android with Crosswalk, iOS and Windows Phone, I have just spoken with the engineer, he is working on it now.

0 Kudos
FP
Beginner

Pamela H. (Intel) wrote:

@FP - when you say "all is well", does that mean you figured out the cert process? 

Hi Pamela - yes we figured out the cert process but we couldn't figure out how to take a backup of the certs in the old format (no download icon) - so in the end we had to bite the bullet and converted to the new format - that worked fine so we shouldn't need to go back to the old xdk version hopefully. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

Okay - We've fixed our config files. I've tested 2893. It now works for the mobile OSs: Android, Android CW, iOS, Win8, and WinPhone8.1.

0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

@FP - The XDK Certificate Manager is new to 3088/3240. You can download your certs from there. You can read about the Cert Manager in this doc: https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/intel-xdk-certificate-management

XDK Cert Mgr.PNG

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

FP wrote:
...we couldn't figure out how to take a backup of the certs in the old format (no download icon)...

You did the right thing. You can download the legacy cert only after you convert it. It is the same cert after conversion, just re-signed by you. Once re-signed (converted) you can download it (no reason to delete it from the XDK, keep it in the cert management tool).

0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

This thread is closed. Issue resolved.

0 Kudos