Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Build fails with no identity found? Please help.,

Peter_S_4
Beginner

HI

I have used XDK for over a year now without any real issues, and I believe I am familiar with the build process.

However today when trying to make a new build for a client on IOS I keep getting the error 

no identity found

Command /usr/bin/codesign failed with exit code 1

I have created a new CSR and uploaded it to apple to get a new certificate.

I have created new provisional profiles , as IOS Distribution and then options - App Store and Add hoc, after which i have added them into xdk build settings.

The app ID matches that as per the current live app in store and has not changed.

The only thing that has changed is the users account expired with apple, so they renewed the developer license recently, otherwise checking all other settings online and everything is active.

I am completly lost now as to what could be causing this?

Thanks for any support on this.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
John_H_Intel2
Employee

When you say you created a new CSR, how did you do this? Did you download it from the Build tab in the XDK? You must download this CSR and upload it to apple, get your cert and then renew your provisioning profile, download it, and specify it in the XDK Project Build settings.

0 Kudos
Kevin_L_3
Beginner

I experienced this also. I wanted to do a test iOS build (having previously been using a production distribution certificate and provisioning profile). I downloaded the CSR from the build tab, generated a new certificate, generated a new provisioning profile with the appropriate app id, and kept getting the same issue failed with exit code 1. This was the case when I created a new app so as to not to be confused with the production profile  one. So to reitererate the steps: new app, new CSR, new development certificate, new app id, new development provisioning profile - everything that we've done before but build failed with exit code 1. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Peter_S_10
Beginner

Hi 

Yes i generated it from the intelxdk, added to a new apple certificate which is now used. I also then use the certificate for new provisional profiles.

Can you confirm is this error is something xdk simply passes through from apple, or is this an xdk raised error.

I wonder if its an apple bug with renewing a developer licenese on an exsisting app? 

I found on xcode someone fixed it refreshing provisional profiles, 

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26376166/e79cddb501b68e74ddf03ea4e75246a7fdf010d0-no-identity-found-command-usr-bin-cod

Does xdk cache anything that does not refresh??

0 Kudos
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

You can try removing cache and see if it works. this documentation provides more description 

https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/blog/remove-xdk-local-data

0 Kudos
Peter_S_4
Beginner

Well I just tried a manual cache folders as you suggested and it fixed it :)

So perhaps does XDK cache some user ID / profile relationship based on the provisional profiles or certificates and not refresh this when you add new provisional profiles and certificates? The issue been the user / developer ID with apple was renewed , so perhaps the cache was refering to an old code or something that changed.

0 Kudos