Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Build problem because of "signed" option is activate

C_P_
Beginner

Hello,

I got a new build problem. If I turn the signed option on, the build will fail. If the option is off I cannot publish my app and on my mobile phone is doesn't run. 

Here are the log files (I'm using Intel XDK Version 3522. The cordova CLI Version is currently 5.4.1 because the 6.2.0 version doesn't work either. 

Build Log 1:

I hope you can help me to fix this annoying build problem!

0 Kudos
9 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

You must build with the "signed" option checked, unless you plan to self-sign after the build. Installing your app onto a device, whether via the store or by side loading it requires the app be signed. Unchecking that box should only be done for special situations.

Please pay attention to the warnings that are offered:

Screen Shot 2016-09-26 at 10.57.57 AM.png

And please do not paste detailed build logs into forum posts, it makes it very difficult to provide help, attach them as a file.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

The build log you provided indicates a successful build. So I'm confused, is this an example of a build log that failed? If so, I do not see the failure.

0 Kudos
C_P_
Beginner

Hello,

The log that I have posted is the original log of the program. The problem has occured since this upload. The builds before worked so far. I have not changed any of the settings, except for the contents of the application. The only comment that I have noticed is the following: At the end of the build it says: 

Added "debuggable" to "false"

Before this comment was not there. There was not an update of the program (intel xdk) either.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Can you attach a failing build log?

0 Kudos
C_P_
Beginner

The first attached build log WAS (or currently is) a failed log. At least at the end of the building process is says "build failed" even though the log looks correct. 

Currently it takes several hours for the "building" step but uploading and processing work just fine.

By the way I live in Germany and we have got a time difference of 9 hours. That's why it would be nice if you could suggest several solutions to the problem at once so I can try to work on it. 

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Eric_H_4
Beginner

I would check the certificate you are using.   It could point to an invalid certificate or signature algorithm.

You could generate a new one through the XDK as a test.

Eric

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

There is no failed build in that log, it ends with the following lines:

BUILD SUCCESSFUL

Total time: 1 mins 56.094 secs
Built the following apk(s):

Are you not seeing an APK file at the end? I have seen situations where odd characters in the project names or some folder or filenames in your project could cause problems. I thought those issues were behind us, but perhaps they are still there.

The:

Added "debuggable" to "false"

line is not an indication of a failure, it's simply a status regarding the state of the "debuggable" flag in the APK, nothing more.

What happens if you create a project based on the "hello cordova" project and try to build that?

Sorry, I wish I could offer a bunch of things to do, but I'm not seeing anything that indicates a failure, so I'm having trouble understanding what the underlying issue is.

0 Kudos
C_P_
Beginner

The final comment "build successful" is irritating for me too. As you could see at the attached files the build failed even though the log says something different. 

Yesterday I tried a build without my application and it worked. On my device I could read "Hello cordova". So the problem has to be in my application. Sometimes it says at the end of the build log "file assets only contains ASCII characters." So that's why I checked every file but I cannot find any characters that could cause such problems. 

For better understanding I use the program RPG Maker MV which already creates the mobile version of the game. So I can upload it to the intel XDK program. What I want to say is I'm not writing the application myself. The RPG program supplies a complete html5- version or something like that which has to be transformed to an .apk data. Before there haven't been any problems e.g. with certificates. 

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

C.P. -- I'll ask one of our build experts to take a look. Not clear to me what is going on, but I agree, something about your application is causing a problem on the build end, which looks like the final packaging step is failing. It would help if you provided a ZIP of the ENTIRE project folder so we could take a closer look. I'll send you a private message.

The XDK is not guaranteed to be capable of importing apps created by auto-generating tools.

0 Kudos