You must build with the "signed" option checked, unless you plan to self-sign after the build. Installing your app onto a device, whether via the store or by side loading it requires the app be signed. Unchecking that box should only be done for special situations.
Please pay attention to the warnings that are offered:
And please do not paste detailed build logs into forum posts, it makes it very difficult to provide help, attach them as a file.
The log that I have posted is the original log of the program. The problem has occured since this upload. The builds before worked so far. I have not changed any of the settings, except for the contents of the application. The only comment that I have noticed is the following: At the end of the build it says:
Added "debuggable" to "false"
Before this comment was not there. There was not an update of the program (intel xdk) either.
The first attached build log WAS (or currently is) a failed log. At least at the end of the building process is says "build failed" even though the log looks correct.
Currently it takes several hours for the "building" step but uploading and processing work just fine.
By the way I live in Germany and we have got a time difference of 9 hours. That's why it would be nice if you could suggest several solutions to the problem at once so I can try to work on it.
Thanks a lot!
There is no failed build in that log, it ends with the following lines:
BUILD SUCCESSFUL Total time: 1 mins 56.094 secs Built the following apk(s):
Are you not seeing an APK file at the end? I have seen situations where odd characters in the project names or some folder or filenames in your project could cause problems. I thought those issues were behind us, but perhaps they are still there.
Added "debuggable" to "false"
line is not an indication of a failure, it's simply a status regarding the state of the "debuggable" flag in the APK, nothing more.
What happens if you create a project based on the "hello cordova" project and try to build that?
Sorry, I wish I could offer a bunch of things to do, but I'm not seeing anything that indicates a failure, so I'm having trouble understanding what the underlying issue is.
The final comment "build successful" is irritating for me too. As you could see at the attached files the build failed even though the log says something different.
Yesterday I tried a build without my application and it worked. On my device I could read "Hello cordova". So the problem has to be in my application. Sometimes it says at the end of the build log "file assets only contains ASCII characters." So that's why I checked every file but I cannot find any characters that could cause such problems.
For better understanding I use the program RPG Maker MV which already creates the mobile version of the game. So I can upload it to the intel XDK program. What I want to say is I'm not writing the application myself. The RPG program supplies a complete html5- version or something like that which has to be transformed to an .apk data. Before there haven't been any problems e.g. with certificates.
C.P. -- I'll ask one of our build experts to take a look. Not clear to me what is going on, but I agree, something about your application is causing a problem on the build end, which looks like the final packaging step is failing. It would help if you provided a ZIP of the ENTIRE project folder so we could take a closer look. I'll send you a private message.
The XDK is not guaranteed to be capable of importing apps created by auto-generating tools.