Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Button icons are not displayed - Ionic Framework

Mario_R_
Beginner

Hello to all,

why the icons do not appear next to buttons? Following, the example of Ionic basis of "list item icon".  It should see an icon of a telephone, but nothing appears.

<ion-item class="item widget uib_w_237 item-icon-left d-margins" data-uib="ionic/list_item_icon" data-ver="0">
<i class="icon ion-ios7-telephone ion" uib-icon-position="left"></i>
List item<span class="item-note">Grammy</span>

Maybe I have to download the icons and enter them manually in Intel XDK? icons I found at this link http://ionicons.com/1.5.2/

Thank you

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Dale_S_Intel
Employee

I don't have experience with ionic personally, but I'm almost certain that you'd need the assets (image files) somewhere in the xdk project, so if they're not already in there with the ionic framework as you have it installed, you probably need to add them.

0 Kudos
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

I believe there the closing of ion is missing.

0 Kudos
Mario_R_
Beginner

Any solution?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Chris_P_Intel
Employee

Hi Mario,

I see the same problem. I'm not sure what is going on. I've logged it as a bug and we'll investigate it.

As a workaround, I've found that if I open the "Icon Fonts" pane and choose one of the icon sets (or add one of my own) I can use an icon from one of those sets . That works.

Chris

0 Kudos
Emeka_A_
Beginner

Not working. Even if an icon pack is selected from the ICON PANE, it still doesn't display an icon. This issue only occurs when using the LIST ITEM ICON. So annoying. That and Intel XDK crash when the color pick/selector is closed.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

@Emeka -- this is a known bug that should be fixed in the next release of the XDK...

0 Kudos
Tawab_G_
Beginner

Is this fixed already? Icons are still not working for me.

0 Kudos