Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Buttons Not Working

Gibson_D_
Beginner

My problem with the XDK is that as soon as i started adding a few more pages on my HTML5 project the very first "CONTINUE" button started malfunctioning.. It does not work anymore or takes me to the next page... What might be the problem and how can i fix it? Thanx in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Diego_Calp
Valued Contributor I

Hi Gibson,

The problem is that you use (or the code generated by app designer) an & symbol in your buttons ids. Change those ids to alphanumeric characters, and also remove spaces if there are any, and all will work again. The problem is in Travel & Transportation links.

I found this using Chrome code tools.

Regards,

Diego

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Chris_P_Intel
Employee

Hi Gibson,

Are you using App Designer? If so, what framework?

How did you bind the CONTINUE button? Does it have a simple page link, or did you use the Custom Script option? Does the button react to the mouse when it is over it? And does it react visually when clicked? Or is it unchanging?

Without your project at hand, it is difficult to advise, but I would start with two hunches:

1. A custom script is being used and it is wrong.  Either  index_user_script.js file is somehow invalid, or the script itself is not right.  If you use the CDT inspector you might be able to catch an error in the Console.
  2. If the button is not responsive, then probably something else in the HTML doc is overlapping it, and "blocking" the clicks. 

Chris

0 Kudos
Gibson_D_
Beginner
Yes i am using app designer. Working with twitter bootsrap HTML5 only (no cordova) my button uses a simple page link not custom scripts.. It reacts when it is clicked.. However i did pic up the following errors in the index_main.less.css Value "calc(100%-10%) is not supported Property " box-sizing" is not supprted Value "inline flex) is not supported Property " webkit-align-items" is not supported And a whole lot more align items not supportded
0 Kudos
Chris_P_Intel
Employee

Those CSS reports seem strange. Those things should be supported fine.

But, that's neither here nor there relative your page linking problem. Can you .zip and upload your project? Attach a ZIP of your ENTIRE project folder using the "Attach Files to Post" link below the forum edit window. If you do not wish to share your project publicly, please send me a private message and attach the ZIP to that private message.

0 Kudos
Gibson_D_
Beginner
Here is my faulty project hope to find possible solutions... Thanx in advance
0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Hi Gibson -- Chris is out on for the holidays, it may be a while before he can take a look. I'm afraid I'm not well-versed in the intricacies of App Designer, so I can't really help out.

0 Kudos
Gibson_D_
Beginner
Still waiting on any feedback since ive uploaded the project, wish to distrebute it in app stores a.s.a.p.. Dont know when Chris will be back but being completely helpless delays my market potential as well as conflicting my promotional stratigies.. Already paid for app stores placement as well as marketing teams.. So any help would be much appreciated.. #NewDeveloper
0 Kudos
Gibson_D_
Beginner
After much further investigation i have just realised that those errors are situated in the index_main.less.css file it shows 29 XLint problems right where these issues are situated
0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Gibson -- I've pointed Chris to the thread, but we are still in the midst of a long holiday week (our regular work schedule resumes next Tuesday), so no guarantees of a quick reply.

0 Kudos
Diego_Calp
Valued Contributor I

Hi Gibson,

The problem is that you use (or the code generated by app designer) an & symbol in your buttons ids. Change those ids to alphanumeric characters, and also remove spaces if there are any, and all will work again. The problem is in Travel & Transportation links.

I found this using Chrome code tools.

Regards,

Diego

0 Kudos
Giselle_G_Intel
Employee

Please let us know if your issue was resolved with Diego's suggestion - when you get a chance - so we know whether you need further assistance or not.

0 Kudos
Gibson_D_
Beginner
Dear Mr Diego Calp i dearly "app"reciate the help or rather the solution you have provided.. It did work indeed.. Got the .APK on play store already the problem was what u said it would be.. Thanx for the reminder Miss Giselle.. Peoblem solved thanx to evrybody who have participated in resolving this issue... Blessed!!!
0 Kudos