Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Can I access older versions of Intel C++/Fortran compilers with my Parallel Studio XE 2017 Professional Edition license?

Jason_R
Beginner

I recently purchased a named-user license to Parallel Studio XE 2017 Professional Edition for C++ and Fortran. While I plan to primarily use the most recent version of the tools, some of the end users of my software use much older versions of the Intel compiler tools (for example, 10.1, 11.0, and 11.1, which by now are 6-8 years old). In order to best support them, I would like to ensure that my software still builds without problems on those old versions of the compiler.

I know that I have the capability of downloading older versions of the tools that I bought, but on the download page (https://registrationcenter.intel.com/en/products/download/2985/), it only lists versions going back to Composer XE 2011. I would like to obtain the C++ and Fortran compilers for a few versions earlier than that. Is this possible?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

There were some product name changes a few years ago; if your license allows it, you may look for "Intel® Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for Fortran Linux", which appears to provide downloads going back to IFort for Linux, version 8.0. The Windows 8.0 compiler was so bug-ridden that I think you should use its Linux brother with great caution, if at all. Perhaps the 9.0 version is the oldest one to try with some level of confidence.

0 Kudos
Jason_R
Beginner

I'm not able to locate the download page for the older product name. Since my license includes the Intel Fortran compiler, I don't see why I shouldn't be able to download the older versions; I just need to find them. Hopefully I can get an Intel employee to give an answer.

0 Kudos
Soflen_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Jason,

Please let me know if you can see the download page for "Intel® Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for Fortran Linux" ?

Here's the direct link for v10.1 - http://registrationcenter-download.intel.com/akdlm/irc_nas/tec/1856/l_fc_p_10.1.026.tar.gz

0 Kudos
Jason_R
Beginner

Soflen S. (Intel) wrote:

Hi Jason,

Please let me know if you can see the download page for "Intel® Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for Fortran Linux" ?

Here's the direct link for v10.1 - http://registrationcenter-download.intel.com/akdlm/irc_nas/tec/1856/l_fc...

If I go to the download page for the product that you linked, I just get an error saying that no registrations were found for that product; it doesn't give me any download links. Can you also provide links for 11.0 and 11.1?

I just tried to activate the 10.1 installation using my serial number for "Intel® Parallel Studio XE Professional Edition for Fortran and C++ Linux" but the installer said the serial number was invalid. Can you tell me how I can install the older version?

0 Kudos
Alexandra_S_Intel

"I just tried to activate the 10.1 installation using my serial number for "Intel® Parallel Studio XE Professional Edition for Fortran and C++ Linux" but the installer said the serial number was invalid. Can you tell me how I can install the older version?"

I haven't looked up your license (just happened to be passing through this thread and thought I should share what I know), but with named user licenses, you have to use a license file rather than serial number to install versions predating 2016.

0 Kudos
Jason_R
Beginner

Alexandra S. (Intel) wrote:

"I just tried to activate the 10.1 installation using my serial number for "Intel® Parallel Studio XE Professional Edition for Fortran and C++ Linux" but the installer said the serial number was invalid. Can you tell me how I can install the older version?"

I haven't looked up your license (just happened to be passing through this thread and thought I should share what I know), but with named user licenses, you have to use a license file rather than serial number to install versions predating 2016.

Thanks, you're right. I was able to activate it successfully by creating a license file. Now I just need to find download links for the rest of the older Fortran compiler versions and I should be in good shape. Do you know where I can find these? I'm looking for 11.0, 11.1, and whatever versions are in the 12.x series (basically, I need whatever versions are before Composer XE 2011).

0 Kudos
Alexandra_S_Intel

Jason,

I don't know exactly how you're trying to download it, so I'm just going to tell you that fewer versions are available when you try to download the suite than when you try to download components. I have a copy of Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition for Windows. Here is what I see when I go to the download page:

download_1.png

I have more components because mine is Cluster while yours is Professional, but the point is you're looking for the one that says "Composer Edition". Click the download link there. Here is what I see when I click that link:

download_2.png

As you can see I can select very old versions here.

However, this is not my thread and I have other things to work on, so I now hand the reins back to Soflen if you need additional help. :)

0 Kudos
Jason_R
Beginner

Thanks for the reply. What you posted is more like what I was expecting to see. However, it seems to be arranged a bit differently for Parallel Studio XE Professional Edition for Fortran and C++ Linux. Here's what I see on the download page:

Screenshot from 2017-06-10 11-05-15.png

Unlike yours, which had different entries for the C++ and Fortran compilers, there is only one C++/Fortran option. If I click Download, I get this:

Screenshot from 2017-06-10 11-02-40.png

I only get downloads that go back to the 2015 release. I'm not sure if this was due to a product renaming or what, but I don't have the option to download the older C++/Fortran compilers. I'm still looking for a way to find/access these links.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Jason_R
Beginner

Bumping this thread to see if anyone can provide download links for the older Fortran/C++ compilers beyond Composer XE 2011.

0 Kudos