Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Can I do 3D body scan with F200?

Michael_T_1
Beginner

Hey guys,

I am currently trying to develop something but I only have a F200 camera... When I run the 3D scanning samples (in both C++ and C#) I found that I cannot do body scans. I realize it is because of the limitation of range.

But here is the question. In the scanning process there are 2 stages: "Locking the object" and scanning the object". Is it possible to skip that first stage so I can do body scan closely with my F200 and get the same result as R200? Maybe I can get a more detailed scan result? I've seen handheld devices that is use to do body scan at a very close distance. Is is possible to let F200 work in the same way?

Also I really want to know how this scanning algorithm works, but in the source code of the sample project I can only see the header file "pxc3dscan.h". I wonder if I can see the actual implementation. So that I can get a better understanding and will be able to develop something on top of it.

I'd appreciate it if someone and help me with my problem. Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jb455
Valued Contributor II

We're using it for scanning parts of bodies (arms, legs, feet.. not so great on hands as it gets confused with fingers) and it works well. It works best with 'head scanning' mode on. Though the F200 claims not to support head scanning mode, you can set it anyway and it doesn't complain (in the C# sample, when it's filling in the scan mode dropdown there's something like "If(camera.name.contains("F200")) break;" - just comment that bit out and you can choose all the options). You can also set body scanning mode on it but I haven't tried using it to get a full scan.

0 Kudos