Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Plug-in options missing

Tony_B_
Beginner

I have an app that is (finally) working fine, so I decided to create a new copy using a different name that will be used for the production version. The new version does not play sounds when I tap on the screen.

I used Windows Explorer to create a new folder and copied the existing files, deleted the existing XDK files from the copy and imported this folder into a new XDK project. I did an Upload/ Android Crosswalk Build and download to my device. I find that when I tap the screen no sound file is played. I went back and compared my original working version project details (CWK63) with the new project (TSLEQR) and found the original had  a section showing plug-ins for the Cordova Hybrid Mobile App Settings section but the new version doesn't say Cordova, it just says Hybrid Mobile App Settings  and doesn't have a section showing plug-ins at all. I must have done something wrong but I can't see it. 

Using XDK 2248.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Tony

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Hi Tony, that import feature does not work very well for what you were trying to do. Sorry about that. A better approach would be to create a blank template project and then copy your files into that new project:

• Projects tab
  • Start a New Project (bottom of projects list)
  • Templates
  • Blank
  • HTML5 + Cordova
  • copy your old source files and resource files into the new blank template directories (should be located in the www directory)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Hi Tony, that import feature does not work very well for what you were trying to do. Sorry about that. A better approach would be to create a blank template project and then copy your files into that new project:

• Projects tab
  • Start a New Project (bottom of projects list)
  • Templates
  • Blank
  • HTML5 + Cordova
  • copy your old source files and resource files into the new blank template directories (should be located in the www directory)
0 Kudos
Tony_B_
Beginner

Hi Paul,,

Thanks for the reply. I tried as you suggested and did an upload build which worked, but then I realized I'd forgotten to include the plug-ins for Media and File and also the launch/ splash screen icons so I updated them in the XD project info and tried again. It's taking a lot longer than usual to upload. In fact I'm about to give up and try again later today. The project is still called TSLEQR, here's a link to the first build which didn't include all the plug-ins or splash/launch icons

secure link

Thanks,

Tony

0 Kudos
Tony_B_
Beginner

Hi Paul,

Patience paid off. I waited a few minutes longer and the upload finally finished. So I did the build/ download and everything works. Thanks again for you assistance.

Tony

0 Kudos