Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Can I run in landscape in the Debug tab?

Silviu_I_
Beginner

I'm trying to make my app look good in both landscape and portrait. I need live access to the elements through the Debug tab so I can try out things as I go.

Is it possible to run the Debug tab in landscape mode? If so, how? I don't see the option anywhere. Note that I have already set orientation to default in settings and when I build and install the .apk, it switches. It does not switch automatically in Debug Tab.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Silviu_I_
Beginner

UPDATE: I used this plugin

https://github.com/gbenvenuti/cordova-plugin-screen-orientation

To set the orientation. Now, since it's JS code setting the orientation, you can't switch the orientation live but it should help.

If anyone has a better solution, please post it.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Silviu -- even in a built app using that plugin is typically the best solution. It give you more control over what's happening.

0 Kudos
Silviu_I_
Beginner

Yeah but I still wish I could have the app change orientation automatically when tilting my phone in Debug tab. Right now I have a bug in my UI when I change orientation and I can't replicate it in debug mode where I would be able to look at the CSS.

EDIT: It's just been fixed but this feature could really have saved me a day of digging through CSS.

0 Kudos