Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Can network licenses deployed locally?

jagminder_chugh
Beginner
Hi,

We have a few network licenses for Fortran compiler on a network server.
Can these be hosted on the client machiens locally so that they can work offline as well?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Jagminder
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Lina_L_Intel
Employee
Quoting - jagminder_chugh
Hi,

We have a few network licenses for Fortran compiler on a network server.
Can these be hosted on the client machiens locally so that they can work offline as well?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Jagminder

Hello,
Are you talking about floating licenses?
If so, the license server can also be installed on the same machine where the product is installed.
The client (also the server) can workwithout internet connectionif your machine pings localhost or 127.0.0.1 successfully.
Thank you.

Regards,
Lina
0 Kudos
DavidWhite
Valued Contributor II

Hello,
Are you talking about floating licenses?
If so, the license server can also be installed on the same machine where the product is installed.
The client (also the server) can workwithout internet connectionif your machine pings localhost or 127.0.0.1 successfully.
Thank you.

Regards,
Lina
Lina,

I think the originator of this thread was really asking whether or not the licenses can be checked outto a machine which is not connected to the license server.

I think you are using FlexLM, which we also use for other applications for which we are able to check out one of the floating licenses for exclusive use on another machine. I assume this is also the case for Intel Visual Fortran. Can you confirm?

Regards,

David
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Yes, Intel Visual Fortran supports "license borrowing". I don't know the details, though, and don't see a Knowledge Base article on the topic.
0 Kudos