Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Can't Activate Intel XE Studio 2017 with Education Serial Number

Jaacks__Tyler
Beginner

I have registered as a student developer, and have Intel XE Studio 2017 installed but the provided serial number in the email and on the download page doesn't work. Here is the error "Activation rights do not allow this software to be installed. This could be due to expired subscription or incompatible serial number.".

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Soflen_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I saw that you have 5 S/Ns for Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition for Windows* Version: 2017.

4 of them haven't activated yet. HERE shows how to activate the S/Ns.

Have you tried installing with the activated one (24Gx-xxxxxG48)?

If you were using the activated one and didn't work, maybe you can try a workaround: clicking Trial-Version and entering the activated S/N later in the Intel(R) Software Manager.

0 Kudos
Jaacks__Tyler
Beginner

I added my Host ID to that serial number and then in the software center added the serial number through the "Add Serial Number" it said it was successful but it still says that my keys will expire in 3 days.

0 Kudos
Soflen_S_Intel
Employee

I saw the expiration dates of all these 5 licenses are Sep. 2017 ~ Nov. 2017.

Please keep using the S/Ns and your Parallel Studio XE.

If there's an issue popping up 3 days later, I will help you to fix it.

0 Kudos
Jaacks__Tyler
Beginner

So it says that Intel Advisor for Windows, Intel Inspector for Windows, Intel Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition for Windows, and Intel VTune Amplifier XE For Windows Evaluations are Expired. So I click the button at the button right hand corner that say Add Serial Number and put my serial number in and it pops up a UAC I hit yes and then it says a New License for Serial Number 24GX-XXXXXG48 has been successfully added to the system with a green check mark I click close and it refreshes and still says  that Intel Advisor for Windows, Intel Inspector for Windows, Intel Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition for Windows, and Intel VTune Amplifier XE For Windows Evaluations are Expired. Help!

0 Kudos
Soflen_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Tyler,

Would you please mail me the snapshot?

My email is soflen.shih@intel.com.

0 Kudos
zheru_q_
Beginner
I have the same problem. The serial number is not recognized when I tried to install parallel studio xe 2017 update2 --------------------------- Error --------------------------- Activation rights do not allow this software to be installed. This could be due to expired subscription or incompatible serial number. --------------------------- 确定 --------------------------- I tried to use the license file get from my account page but it still does not work.
0 Kudos
Soflen_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Zheru,

Is your email qzr@mail.ustc.edu.cn?

Please send me a mail about which S/N you got failure with for PSXE 2017 installation?

Best regards,

Soflen

0 Kudos