Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Can't start the RealSense DCM Windows Service

Avihai_R_Intel
Employee

Hi guys,

Hope it's the right place to ask, I have the F200 camera and installed the RealSense SDK. I couldn't run any sample, so I investigated and saw that I can't start the DCM Windows Service. When I try to start it, it says:

Windows could not start the Intel(R) RealSense(TM) Depth Camera Manager Service on Local Computer.
Error 0x80010119: Security must be initialized before any interfaces are marshalled or unmarshalled. It cannot be changed once initialized.

I'm running Windows10-64 bit , and the DCM version I'm running is 1.4.27.41944. 

Can someone help? :) 

Thanks,

Avihai

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

I'd suggest going to Control Panel>Programs and uninstalling the Intel Depth Cam Manager. Then reboot. Then either install from the software.intel.com/realsense website WITH ADMIN privileges - or allow windows update to re-install.

If that fails, please attach your log files fournd either at \\C:\Windows\Temp\micl_tmp_SYSTEM\2016.XXXXXXXXXX\log or  %TEMP%\micl_tmp_%loginname%   (or just search on your system for micl). 

0 Kudos
Avihai_R_Intel
Employee

Hi Colleen, 

I've removed, rebooted and re-installed with admin privileges but the problem persists.

Attaching the log files to the message.

Thanks
Avihai

0 Kudos
Avihai_R_Intel
Employee

Hi, any update on this? 

Tried to uninstall and install again using admin privileges to no avail. 

Thanks,
Avihai

0 Kudos
GEORGE_V_1
Beginner

I am having the same problem. Have installed and uninstalled the manager software several times.

0 Kudos
Peter_W_4
Beginner

I'm also having this problem.

0 Kudos
tprim1
Beginner

having the same problem here

this service used to work form me 

reinstaiing the DCM didn't help either

0 Kudos
caddit
Beginner

Dear intel,

Same problem here too. install log attached - although many of the messages are not helpful to me.

Also Windows 10 x64 (Pro Edition) ... with NVIDIA GTX 960M, I7, plenty of RAM and HD.

Spent a lot of time trying multiple driver and SDK versions too. More reboots than I can count. Very annoying.

How do we fix this? Please advise otherwise I will be returning the device.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
caddit
Beginner

Well,

Glad I wasn't holding my breath for any support from this company.

DO NOT BUY THIS DEVICE. IT'S A WASTE OF TIME BECAUSE OF BAD SOFTWARE.

The Intel Realsense driver and SDK is one of the WORST Windows drivers I have EVER seen -> won't even INSTALL without errors (Windows 7 had another issue - something about needing a kernel-level driver KB installed that it refused to recognize - even when the KB WAS installed). Making matters exponentially worse is the COMPLETE LACK of product support (just look at this thread, say no more..).

I have a FULL REFUND from the supplier since this country has laws protecting consumers againt DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS. Meanwhile I went and bought another 3d scanner having a driver less than a tenth the download size of this paperweight, and guess what - it worked just fine. First time too, no extra windows services and other convoluted rubbish "architecture".

Bad Intel. Bad. Go to your room!

0 Kudos
shuji_n_
Beginner

Had the same problem, but it was solved.
In my case, the cause of problem was Microsoft Office2010.
I'm not sure, but, I think Office2010's Runtime or something is effected on the problem.
It was solved by Windows Recovery.

Hope it helps.

0 Kudos