cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Avihai_R_Intel
Employee

Can't start the RealSense DCM Windows Service

Hi guys,

Hope it's the right place to ask, I have the F200 camera and installed the RealSense SDK. I couldn't run any sample, so I investigated and saw that I can't start the DCM Windows Service. When I try to start it, it says:

Windows could not start the Intel(R) RealSense(TM) Depth Camera Manager Service on Local Computer.
Error 0x80010119: Security must be initialized before any interfaces are marshalled or unmarshalled. It cannot be changed once initialized.

I'm running Windows10-64 bit , and the DCM version I'm running is 1.4.27.41944. 

Can someone help? :) 

Thanks,

Avihai

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

I'd suggest going to Control Panel>Programs and uninstalling the Intel Depth Cam Manager. Then reboot. Then either install from the software.intel.com/realsense website WITH ADMIN privileges - or allow windows update to re-install.

If that fails, please attach your log files fournd either at \\C:\Windows\Temp\micl_tmp_SYSTEM\2016.XXXXXXXXXX\log or  %TEMP%\micl_tmp_%loginname%   (or just search on your system for micl). 

Avihai_R_Intel
Employee

Hi Colleen, 

I've removed, rebooted and re-installed with admin privileges but the problem persists.

Attaching the log files to the message.

Thanks
Avihai

Avihai_R_Intel
Employee

Hi, any update on this? 

Tried to uninstall and install again using admin privileges to no avail. 

Thanks,
Avihai

GEORGE_V_1
Beginner

I am having the same problem. Have installed and uninstalled the manager software several times.

Peter_W_4
Beginner

I'm also having this problem.

tprim1
Beginner

having the same problem here

this service used to work form me 

reinstaiing the DCM didn't help either

caddit
Beginner

Dear intel,

Same problem here too. install log attached - although many of the messages are not helpful to me.

Also Windows 10 x64 (Pro Edition) ... with NVIDIA GTX 960M, I7, plenty of RAM and HD.

Spent a lot of time trying multiple driver and SDK versions too. More reboots than I can count. Very annoying.

How do we fix this? Please advise otherwise I will be returning the device.

Thanks.

caddit
Beginner

Well,

Glad I wasn't holding my breath for any support from this company.

DO NOT BUY THIS DEVICE. IT'S A WASTE OF TIME BECAUSE OF BAD SOFTWARE.

The Intel Realsense driver and SDK is one of the WORST Windows drivers I have EVER seen -> won't even INSTALL without errors (Windows 7 had another issue - something about needing a kernel-level driver KB installed that it refused to recognize - even when the KB WAS installed). Making matters exponentially worse is the COMPLETE LACK of product support (just look at this thread, say no more..).

I have a FULL REFUND from the supplier since this country has laws protecting consumers againt DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS. Meanwhile I went and bought another 3d scanner having a driver less than a tenth the download size of this paperweight, and guess what - it worked just fine. First time too, no extra windows services and other convoluted rubbish "architecture".

Bad Intel. Bad. Go to your room!

shuji_n_
Beginner

Had the same problem, but it was solved.
In my case, the cause of problem was Microsoft Office2010.
I'm not sure, but, I think Office2010's Runtime or something is effected on the problem.
It was solved by Windows Recovery.

Hope it helps.