Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Can't upgrade firmware

Marco_G_1
Beginner

Hi folks,

I've got a problem. Yesterday I unboxed the RealSense F200 camera and I installed driver, firmware,DCM and SDK.
The SDK installation said that it couldn't find the camera.
The firmware (last, found here ) installation wasn't completed due an error.
It said the camera is in Recovery Mode, and when it try to put the new firmware it aborts the installation.
DCM installation was aborted with error code: -4.

What should I do?
Is there any chance to repair the camera?

0 Kudos
20 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Hi Marco,

I think the first two questions to ask are:

(a) is the camera plugged into a USB 3.0 port on your computer?  The camera will not work with USB 2.0.

(b) What CPU processor chip does your PC have?  RealSense strongly prefers a 4th Generation Intel Core i3, i5 or i7 processor.  4th generation processors have an architecture that s known as Haswell, and the latest 5th Generation ones are called Broadwell.

0 Kudos
Marco_G_1
Beginner

Hi Marty,

a) Yes. The gate is blu.
b) my processor chip is an i7-45000U. The model of pc is Aspire E1-572G

Thanks for your answer, I hope to solve this problem.
If you have any idea, please, write to me

0 Kudos
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

So - what version of firmware is on the camera now? (Can you see them in Device Manager?)
Is any DCM showing as installed in the Windows, uninstall a program list?

0 Kudos
Marco_G_1
Beginner

Yes, it is shown in Device Manager but I don't know where to see the firmware version when I click on Properties.
I can see only the driver number:  6.3.9600.16384

0 Kudos
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

Catch up from other thread - audio from Creative is shown in DevMgr but the 3 RealSense cams are not.
Marco that system has 3 USB ports - only one of them is USB3 - will have the blue coloring inside. I would suggest you
1. reboot the PC
2. plug the camera into the USB 3 port
3. Open device manager and check under the imaging devices to see if the camera(s) have appeared.  If NOT, then click on the upper icon to scan for hardware changes.
And making sure you are on Windows 8.1 or Win 10?

0 Kudos
Marco_G_1
Beginner

I rebooted the pc and plugged the usb in the usb 3 port (like before. I am sure it is so because it is blue).
The device manager doesn't recognize the cameras. I scanned the hardware changes and nothing happened.
I am using a Windows 8.1 operative system.

Tomorrow I will try to install the firmware using my friend's computer.

If you find a solution in while, please write me back

0 Kudos
Marco_G_1
Beginner

Hi, nothing to do. I tried to:

1. Installed driver

2. Installed Dcm (first version)

3. Installed Dcm (secondo version)

On another PC and it fails both of Dcm installations. What should I do? Is there any chance to use Realsense somehow?

0 Kudos
Marco_G_1
Beginner

Up

0 Kudos
Marco_G_1
Beginner

Up

0 Kudos
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

Hi Marco - can you attach a picture of your device manager with the USB controllers section and the imaging devices section 'exploded"?
Did the camera ever work? (did it work before trying the FW upgrade?)

0 Kudos
Marco_G_1
Beginner

Hi Colleen,
of course, here is the screen of my USB controllers section and imaging devices exploded.
The camera never worked. Not before, neither after I've tried the FW upgrade

screenintel.png

0 Kudos
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

Thank you. Could you also look under the audio devices and see if it shows the camera's?
I truly think this is a USB 3 issue. Was this system 8.0 upgraded to 8.1 or always 8.1?
IF it was always 8.1, Can you try two things (may not be enough but worth trying) - 
1. uninstall (one at a time - and may need to move any USB keyboard/mouse temporarily to other ports if they stop working) - the 2nd and 3rd items under USB controller (9c26 and the 0100 Microsoft lines) and after each uninstall, then run a new hardware check in device manager.
2. See if there are power settings associated with these controllers (would be a separate tab under properties) and make sure nothing is checked (won't affect sleep)
Oh - one more to try - please look under unknown devices to see if you might have any that turn out to be the camera (would probably be at least 2 entries).

0 Kudos
Wolfgang_F_
Beginner

Hi,

I have the same problem. I have a new PC (ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, i5 4690K, 16GB Skill RAM, 3 TB Seagate HDD, newest Win8.1Pro, all updates).

The RealSense F200 Kamera is recognized in the device manager by Audio/VideoGamecontroller, Audio Input/Output as Microfonarray (Creative VF0800) and USB as Intel RealSense 3D Camera (Front F200) Device.

I've done oncemore uninstalled and installed (with reboot).

When I start the DCM camera-driver (V1.3.20.55679) with updating, it stopped without updating: Code -4

It will not recognize the camera.

0 Kudos
samontab
Valued Contributor II

Make sure that the camera is always connected to a USB3 port, while you are installing the drivers/SDK as well as when you are uninstalling them.

You should be installing DCM v1.3 first, and then the SDK.

0 Kudos
Wolfgang_F_
Beginner

I've rbooted, finished all Antivirus-programs with the Taskmanager, finished all actual programs, then I connected the camera USB3 and started installing DCM v.1.3 ....all multiple done, and never installed SDK.

...then always on screen: Setup-assistant has finished because defects. Perhaps the firmware of the camera is damaged. Look for the producer...

Code of defect: -4

0 Kudos
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

Wolfgang, Please go into the Uninstall a Program list and see what is shown under Intel RealSense and Intel Depth Camera Manager. If you have any DCM installed, uninstall it. Then try installing DCM 1.2.

0 Kudos
samontab
Valued Contributor II

Wolfgang F. wrote:

...then I connected the camera USB3...

As I said before, have you tried uninstalling and re installing the software with the camera connected all the time?

0 Kudos
Wolfgang_F_
Beginner

Hi, there isn'nt anyting like Intel RealSense in the program list. DCM 1.3 is uninstalled. I tried to install DCM 1.2, there is the same problem:

"The install progrm has not recognized any Intel RealSense camera on this system. The installation has broken, Details: Code -4"

During installation the USB3 is always connected before. I've tried anymore uninstalling and reinstalling, but everymore no recognizing.

0 Kudos
Wolfgang_F_
Beginner

When I put the USB3 in, there is in the device manager listed:

Audio Video Game Controller: Creative VF 0800, Driver Microsoft 12.12 2013 (winblue_r4.141028-1500)

Driver details

C:\Windows\system32\drivers\dmk.sys

C:\Windows\system32\drivers\ksthunk.sys

C:\Windows\system32\drivers\portcls.sys

C:\Windows\system32\drivers\USBAUDIO.sys

C:\Windows\system32\SysFxUI.dll

C:\Windows\system32\WMALFXGFXDSP.dll

USB Device

Intel RealSense 3D Camera (Front200) Device

Driver: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\winusb.sys

V.6.3.9600.16384(winblue_rtm.130821-1623)

0 Kudos
Matt_E_1
Beginner

No one has a fix for this?  I just got my device and am seeing the same problem. :(

0 Kudos